Good Movies w/ Protagonist Narrating Throughout The Entire Movie?

Tools    

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
I've noticed these kinds of movies get real deep into a character. But they also display the external disparity between what's said verbally to other characters, and what truths the protagonist tells the audience through narration.

"Leon Morin, Priest" is a good example.

The truth is in here
Amadeus
A Bronx Tale
Goodfellas
My Father's Glory/My Father's Castle
Molly's Game
Mr. Nobody
The Adventures Of Ford Fairlane (Hey, not all of them need to be serious)

Off-story, but a girl from college let me borrow this VHS. We hung out pretty late, had classes the following day, and when I tried to watch it, I fell asleep mid-way and woke up right before ... the spoiler.

Off-story, but a girl from college let me borrow this VHS. We hung out pretty late, had classes the following day, and when I tried to watch it, I fell asleep mid-way and woke up right before ... the spoiler.
Ha, well, that sure must have been a viewing like no other. How does it feel to miss the build-up and get right to the meat? I guess some would say no point in rewatching it for you now, but I really love the film and think it’s not about the spoiler at all.

Ha, well, that sure must have been a viewing like no other. How does it feel to miss the build-up and get right to the meat? I guess some would say no point in rewatching it for you now, but I really love the film and think it’s not about the spoiler at all.

It was 20 years ago, but I think I might have re-watched it. I'm going to guess I didn't love the movie much, because I wouldn't have fallen asleep (especially at 3pm) otherwise.

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
Sin City
Deep Cover

I forgot the opening line.
You hear Benjamin Button narrate his own story throughout The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. I'm only just starting to realise that the character needed more personality to him for it to be a really memorable film. He was kind of a blank slate. An observer - and documenter. In other words - boring. He'd describe things, but he never really tells us what he thinks about anything. It was a good film that just couldn't make it that extra step to being a really good film.

Latest Review : Le Circle Rouge (1970)

You hear Benjamin Button narrate his own story throughout The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. I'm only just starting to realise that the character needed more personality to him for it to be a really memorable film. He was kind of a blank slate. An observer - and documenter. In other words - boring. He'd describe things, but he never really tells us what he thinks about anything. It was a good film that just couldn't make it that extra step to being a really good film.

Interesting you bring that movie up. Someone yesterday said, "Man that was a disturbing movie". I never saw it.

Another Brad Pitt movie is Interview With The Vampire.

True. Haven’t seen that in a decade or so. Nostalgia for when vampires weren’t corny by default creeping up on me.
Funny you mention nostalgia for good vampires... I showed my daughter The Lost Boys.
When David's hand bursts into flames in the cave scene, she wondered why.

I told her real vampires don't sparkle in sunlight.

American Psycho