Movie You're Watching Tonight

Tools    

Everything I watch today except Julieta sucks, so this is the last resort.

Someone whose taste I trust has recommended it, so let’s see.
Oh, Love Quinn-Goldberg, yay yay!

A big one for me tonight - never seen this before, so it's been a long time coming :

Hope you'll share you thoughts about the film.

There were two movies that influenced my life. One was La Dolce Vita. The other one............. wasn't...

I forgot the opening line.
Tonight I'm watching this - it'll mark the 50th film I've seen out of the 100 in the Foreign Language Countdown - and boy, it has given me a lot of seriously good movies to watch.

Latest Review : Le Circle Rouge (1970)

Looks promising(ish), but why, oh why can’t even Flanagan make anything R-rated just once? What is the world coming too. I miss proper gore and sex. I know Netflix is to blame, but still. Can’t fen remember the last R-rated show I saw.

Much as I was prepared to diss this, it’s excellent. Exactly the sort of thing I was looking for when I started the cult films thread.
I am hooked.

Sure does look “busy”.

Fans have been waiting a long time for a Dune movie, after several previous tries, it was considered unfilmable, but to me, this one worked. Big FX, the desert planet, humungous all-devouring worms, a cast featuring Timothee Chalomet as sort of a Luke Skywalker and several pro wrasslers as menacing warriors, it works. It's long, has some dead air, but it definitely sets up a new epic franchise...must be more chapters in the making hopefully.

I have to admit to NOT having read the novels, so I went in "dry" (deliberately). There are a lot of plot twists and scary warriors, so I was not always sure about who was betraying who and I probably now need to read a plot synopsis and see it again.

Not being a fan, I don't know what book fans will think, but I liked it, it had the largest audience we have seen in a theater for a while and people cheered at the end. Because it has a lot of booms and crashes, the 100,000 watt woofers at the Senator (in Baltimore) got a well deserved workout. It's well worth seeing in a theater that has good sound and projection.

Fans have been waiting a long time for a Dune movie, after several previous tries, it was considered unfilmable, but to me, this one worked. Big FX, the desert planet, humungous all-devouring worms, a cast featuring Timothee Chalomet as sort of a Luke Skywalker and several pro wrasslers as menacing warriors, it works. It's long, has some dead air, but it definitely sets up a new epic franchise...must be more chapters in the making hopefully.

I have to admit to NOT having read the novels, so I went in "dry" (deliberately). There are a lot of plot twists and scary warriors, so I was not always sure about who was betraying who and I probably now need to read a plot synopsis and see it again.

Not being a fan, I don't know what book fans will think, but I liked it, it had the largest audience we have seen in a theater for a while and people cheered at the end. Because it has a lot of booms and crashes, the 100,000 watt woofers at the Senator (in Baltimore) got a well deserved workout. It's well worth seeing in a theater that has good sound and projection.

Totally with you on all of that.