Watching Movies Alone with crumbsroom

Tools    

Even Death Spa deserves some level of consciousness from its audience.
I honestly don't remember.

I have yet to see Boogyman II. I hear it has less Suzanna Love in it :[
I found a VHS rip on YouTube back in the day. Just make sure you don't watch the "director's cut" from the 2000s, which fast forwards all the kills and adds in a terrible fake interview with Lommel.

I didn't do the math, but for the half of the movie that isn't recycled footage from the original, she's the main character.

I found a VHS rip on YouTube back in the day. Just make sure you don't watch the "director's cut" from the 2000s, which fast forwards all the kills and adds in a terrible fake interview with Lommel.

I didn't do the math, but for the half of the movie that isn't recycled footage from the original, she's the main character.
Hm. I'm more interested in tracking down Strangers in Paradise and Revenge of the Stolen Stars.

Hm. I'm more interested in tracking down Strangers in Paradise and Revenge of the Stolen Stars.
Haven't seen those. I also get the sense that Lommel's filmography is like 90% crap.

Haven't seen those. I also get the sense that Lommel's filmography is like 90% crap.
But Stolen Stars has Klaus Kinski, so I'm pretty sure it can't possibly be less than hysterical trash.

Lommel did Blank Generation, right?

That wasn't that good.

I think I also saw Tenderness of the Wolves. Which I also think is him. But I remember nothing.

Boogeyman was mostly solid second rate fare. Nothing spectacular, but different enough to not be ignored.

Yeah, Tenderness is him. I prefer his films with Love but I do like it. I've read some reviews comparing it stylistically to Fassbinder, but as I've seen only The American Soldier all the way through from the latter, I can't vouch for the accuracy of that statement.

Olivia and The Devonsville Terror are good though. Vinegar Syndrome put out a nice Blu-ray of the former.

Yeah, Tenderness is him. I prefer his films with Love but I do like it. I've read some reviews comparing it stylistically to Fassbinder, but as I've seen only The American Soldier all the way through from the latter, I can't vouch for the accuracy of that statement.

Olivia and The Devonsville Terror are good though. Vinegar Syndrome put out a nice Blu-ray of the former.

I remember it used to be in the Fassbinder section, probably because he starred in a number of his earlier films, and Kurt Raab who is in Tenderness, was one of the staples of his entourage.

Which is why I probably rented it.

Looks like I got some pretend work writing on some horror movie website. They also want me to send images to go along with my write-up, and so I can only assume they must have heard about my captivating ability to capture very important film moments from my Corrie screen shot game. I can only wonder how many screenshots of blurred yeti's, dimly lit interiors and awkwardly cropped shots of the back of heads it will take for them to retract their offer.

Horror as character study. Nothing I can really fault here. Next to film noirs, horror movies are generally the best place for unreliable narrators. Maybe I would have liked a little more immersion into her delusions, but it's possible that may have been unbearable and/or diffused the painful awkwardness of so many of the films most tragic moments.

Maybe I can let Jean Rollins get away with painting his zombies in water soluble green paint in Zombie Lake, as the painfully bad make up jobs are kind of a perfect contrast to the serious and overly wordy tone of the film, but I expect more from my 80's horndog zombie comedies.

One great practical effect, surrounded by a bunch of stupidly conceived nerd hijinks, can at best be considered 'passable'

Congrats

Do you have a link to it?

No, it's not up yet. And I'm not even entirely sure what the site is. My gf just mentioned there was some website that dealt in horror that might be looking for contributors so I just randomly Facebooked the guy directly.

We'll see. I'll keep posted. I imagine it must be a fairly small operation for them to get back to me so quickly, and also be willing to use my submission as a legit piece.

I think I felt that Killer Workout was the superior film.
I honestly don't remember.

I expect more from my 80's horndog zombie comedies.
Have you seen Zombie Nightmare? It has a lot of horndog teens and Thor from Rock 'n' Roll Nightmare, but I think they may have fired him halfway through because his zombie character keeps changing haircuts like he's being played by four or five different dudes. Not sure how badly this film will shatter your expectations, but there'll probably be a lot of noise and glass involved.

Have you seen Zombie Nightmare? It has a lot of horndog teens and Thor from Rock 'n' Roll Nightmare, but I think they may have fired him halfway through because his zombie character keeps changing haircuts like he's being played by four or five different dudes. Not sure how badly this film will shatter your expectations, but there'll probably be a lot of noise and glass involved.

I've put it on my personalized list on some free streaming site I signed up for. So it's on my list for October.

Looks like I got some pretend work writing on some horror movie website. They also want me to send images to go along with my write-up, and so I can only assume they must have heard about my captivating ability to capture very important film moments from my Corrie screen shot game. I can only wonder how many screenshots of blurred yeti's, dimly lit interiors and awkwardly cropped shots of the back of heads it will take for them to retract their offer.
I recommend the screenshots of the movie with cooling stations, police tape and what looks like zombies attacking a family having a birthday party while they're behind said police tape.

Someday, I'll discover what movie it is and watch it...then again, should I make the effort?

I recommend the screenshots of the movie with cooling stations, police tape and what looks like zombies attacking a family having a birthday party while they're behind said police tape.

Someday, I'll discover what movie it is and watch it...then again, should I make the effort?

I think that was Sonny Boy.

Yes, worth it.

I think that was Sonny Boy.

Yes, worth it.
My quest is over! I could have just asked this whole time?
But anyway, I'm surprised it's labeled as a thriller for how creepy those images looked. Then again, the line between thriller and horror labels blurs sometimes.

My quest is over! I could have just asked this whole time?
But anyway, I'm surprised it's labeled as a thriller for how creepy those images looked. Then again, the line between thriller and horror labels blurs sometimes.

I only just barely was able to remember it. I went through my Instagram, where most of those images are, and most of those particular ones weren't there. Lost to the ages. I was about to write that I had no idea what it could be when it just flashed into my head out of nowhere.

It's not at all a horror movie. No zombies. It's just a weirdo crime thing with David Carradine in a dress.