The Batman

Tools    

I guess they're going with the same piss-hue for Gotham as Begins.
Yes. Too much sepia tone.

I've grown to dislike when movies have a "devoted" or limited color pallet: sepia tone or blue/grey or just washed-out color replaced by glare (ala Man of Steel) seem the most popular. Hopefully, they'll break it up a bit.

(I miss Technicolor!)

Yes. Too much sepia tone.

(I miss Technicolor!)
I don't want a return of the skittleverse of the Schumacher era, but I'm not sure I see much of an original vision in this trailer.

I don't want a return of the skittleverse of the Schumacher era, but I'm not sure I see much of an original vision in this trailer.
I think this is one reason I liked the original Superman & first Spider-Man so much - they weren't skittleverse nor did they rely on neon; just regular looking sunny day colors. In other words, somewhat realistic - these devoted color schemes add mood, but they don't look realistic (except for maybe some night shots).

I watched this countless times yesterday. Then I showed it to a friend (who has zero interest in comic movies) and she proceeded to want to watch it about 5 more times.

Of all the stuff that is great, I can’t get over how Catwoman finally feels right. Like how perfect she is in the animated films..
What, you didn't think the version of Catwoman in Batman Returns was good?

A new filmmaker/story means a new Batman, pretty much always. Even if they wanted him I doubt he'd be interested in returning to the character, particularly without Nolan.

Wondering if this film is paying homage to the first Batman "movie" of 1966 since the villains featured were the Riddler, the Penguin, Catwoman and the Joker.

The Batman (2022) appears to be sans the Joker (most likely because he's appeared in every Batman franchise - whether movie series, TV, animated or live-action) and is thus overdone... but the other three villains are the same as in the 1966 movie.

The big question is: 56 years later, are there days when you can just get rid of a bomb?

Check out the comment thread on this trailer. It all reads like it was drafted by a marketing team.

I dunno, seems like they said to themselves:
"How do we make Gotham look different than the other 700 incarnations?"
"Constantly pissing down"
"Perfect"

Also, along with the music released before sounding exactly like the Imperial March, the music on that vid sounds exactly like the MCU.

Not holding out much hope on this one.
DC has screwed every movie they've made for the past 15 years.

I dunno, seems like they said to themselves:
"How do we make Gotham look different than the other 700 incarnations?"
"Constantly pissing down"

Maybe they relocated Gotham to the Pacific Northwest?

What people don't realize yet... after the end credits we see a figure reading a newspaper with headlines about Gotham's new defender: the Batman... the paper goes down (with the tune of a somber cello in the background) and we see Joaquin Phoenix take on an eerie smile as he says, "Wait'll they get a load of me!"

I think my comic book movie enthusiasm has come to an end. I can even mark the dates. 2005 with Batman Begins until 2019 Endgame. They have shot their load, it's done. Unless you grew up reading comics which I didn't I think the audiences for these retreads and reboots are going to start dwindling until it's just die hard comic fans going, which to be fair are alot these days. The only thing that might get me to check this out eventually is the Riddler was always my favorite Batman villain. Joker is cool I just think the Riddler has so much untapped things they could do with him...I was really bummed Nolan didn't decide to use him in TDKR. The psychologic mind games he could have came up with would have been fun...oh well

101 Favorite Movies (2019)