Mofo Bros Top 100: A Raul and Sean Production

→ in
Tools    

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Yeah I'm not going to lie, I kind of forgot about this. I wanted to do something cool for the top 10 but I never really got around to it.

Such a wonderful crime film that feels like it paved the way for many to come. I specifically think of Mann every time I watch Melville. The first time I watched this I said it had the best chase scene and the best heist scene in any movie I have seen. Stick by that, especially that heist scene that is really astounding. Started my love for Delon, which hasn't waivered in anything else I have seen him in. Amazing screen presence. Don't think this will be leaving my top faves any time soon. It only grows in my love and respect the more I think about it.

I don't know how Kore-eda makes films that are so heart wrenching and so uplifting at the same time. I absolutely adore the children in this film, especially Akira who takes over the role of the head of household and just melts me. The movie is patient, kind, and I haven't stopped thinking about it the last couple years.

[b]First Time Watching [b]

Randomly on YouTube after hearing about it a lot on Mofo

How many Watches

I want to see only 3 times, perhaps 4

Best Performance

The guy who plays Zushio

Best Scene

The heartbreaker scene where we find out about Anjus suicide

Why I love it summarized

Looks great and a fantastic piece of storytelling

Starting off the top ten with top shelf Eastwood? Hell to the yes, Raul. Very proud.

I haven’t seen either of yours, Sean, but obviously I am extremely interested in watching Le Cercle Rouge. Ever since watching Le Samorai (which I absolutely loved) I’ve wanted to see more from Melville.

I didn’t like Bob Le Flambeur that much and never got to more of Melville. But hopefully I can change that soon.

I was sure that MDB would be top 10, but I'm surprised it's only at 10. Actually thought it might squeak into the top 5 on a good day. Pleased to see this continue though.

The perfect comedy for me. A little dark at times but brimming with a love for humanity. The script and performances are perfect.

Feels like the love for Pulp has subsided just a bit, but I still hold it in very high regard. One of the great scripts ever, and has a few scenes that are never far from my mind. One of the best endings ever.

Damn, Sean. You are flying now! Can’t wait for the top five.

I’m surprised to see Rushmore there. Well, I guess not that surprised, but personally, while only having seen it once, I thought it was decent early Anderson but not anything amazing for me.

Pulp Fiction is obviously great. It was ruined a bit for me way back when I first watched it, because of the huge praise and hype it had. But watching it several times since, it’s high up for me now and I’m able to see it as its own film now.

Fargo is another one that didn’t work all too good for me at first, but has grown on me. As you know I do love the Coens. My latest watch was a great success and I hope another watch will put it high among my own personal favorites.

[b]First Time Watching [b]

Randomly on YouTube after hearing about it a lot on Mofo

How many Watches

I want to see only 3 times, perhaps 4

Best Performance

The guy who plays Zushio

Best Scene

The heartbreaker scene where we find out about Anjus suicide

Why I love it summarized

Looks great and a fantastic piece of storytelling

So glad I watched Sansho a second time, really beautiful movie. Definitely could be a five banger next go round. I love the parable storytelling

I forgot the opening line.
Rushmore, Pulp Fiction and Fargo are films that are at the very tippy top for me also. I like Million Dollar Baby a great deal.

Sansho the Bailiff I have lined up for a watch in the very near future.

Le Cercle Rouge and Nobody Knows have been put squarely on my radar and in my watchlist. I love it when these unexpected films that I haven't heard of yet show up.

Latest Review : Le Circle Rouge (1970)

Hoping Nobody Knows might squeeze onto the upcoming countdown - my favourite Koreeda thus far alongside Shoplifters. Probably needs more people to watch it though.

Le Cercle Rouge, Sansho The Bailiff, Fargo, Pulp Fiction definitely won't make that countdown but are all good watches too.