Are YOU Frugal?

Tools    

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
I don't know anyone on here personally, but I would guess I'm the most frugal... For example, I've never spent money on clothing as an adult, with the exception of three cheap concert T-shirts.. I have spent a lot of money but usually for things that can't be duplicated - a concert, standup show, airplane ticket, etc.

My father used to say:

"If you do nothing, a common cold can last up to about 14 days! But if you go see a doctor, you can get rid of it in just 2 weeks!"

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
My father used to say:

"If you do nothing, a common cold can last up to about 14 days! But if you go see a doctor, you can get rid of it in just 2 weeks!"
Haha exactly... I never go to the doctor, I just deal with it myself.. The last thing I'd ever do is leave my house when I'm sick, but they wanna make money.. If people were all healthy, they couldn't make their millions holding Americans hostage before a major surgery.

I don't know anyone on here personally, but I would guess I'm the most frugal... For example, I've never spent money on clothing as an adult, with the exception of three cheap concert T-shirts.. I have spent a lot of money but usually for things that can't be duplicated - a concert, standup show, airplane ticket, etc.
I'm very similar. I'd say 80% of my clothing is second hand (not including socks or underwear). Except pants - that's only because I have to buy a particular size with the right waist to length combo (with shirts, there's only about 4 general sizes). For my shirts, about 95% are pre-owned, hand-me-downs, freebies (obtained from jobs) or gifts.

As a kid almost all my clothes were hand-me-downs from my 2 older brothers or cousins (sometimes, at the end of summer, my mom would take me to get some new outfits for school.)

I have a story about the last suit I bought, but will save it for another time.

I would call myself a little bit frugal. I only live by one rule, "Its better to have something and not need it rather than need something and not have it".

Clothes being my special weakness!

So i spend a lot of needless stuff, one time use stuff. It all adds up. The only i have done in recent months, is going out two times a week instead of three. But to be honest, the bartender knows me well. She only charges me 12-15 bucks for 10-12 Jamesons. So it isn't really that expensive. Uber is the killer!

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I was looking for this thread the other day and now I can't remember why. Oops.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Yes, attempting to save 30% of my paycheck every week for the whole year to boost savings a bit.

Managed so far, get paid every 2 weeks and thankfully June is one of 2 months of the year with 3 paydays so will help me out.

I'm pretty good with money but my weakness is 👠👠👠👠👠

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
but my weakness is 👠👠👠👠👠
Wait, your weakness are two other females wearing red high heels and one one-legged female wearing a red high heel?
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
no, i suck at being frugal. but i'm too scared of my bank account being negative, so i always shove money into a savings every month so that i wont be tempted to spend it.

but my weakness is 👠👠👠👠👠
Wait, your weakness are two other females wearing red high heels and one one-legged female wearing a red high heel?
Most desperate stretch I've ever seen. CONGRATULATIONS!

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
I thought it was a string of deflated wind socks. Or perhaps five cropped 8th notes.

=\

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Also, I don't think I'm frugal. But I did used to love watching the Frugal Gourmet on PBS. I have a feeling though that I may have already posted that here.

o.O

You can't win an argument just by being right!
* BUMP

I remember what I forgot. A girlfriend dropped in last week for a cuppa and chitchat. I told her she always looks like a million bucks. She is a total clothes and shoes addict. Everything she buys come from the Salvos stores. She says $ has to be 20 bucks or not happening.

The first time I went to Indonesia my daily budget was $10 a day. It was doable until I got to lengthy overnighters, especially because it came with an overpriced meal voucher. I'm not a fan of anything but a coffee at 1am so that was always money wasted.

I might have posted this already. I met up with a friend in a country back in 1997.he was Travelling on one dollar US a day. He was tight beforehand so it wasn't difficult to stick to the habit. Lucky guy has seen more of the world than anyone I know and I don't think he's stepped a foot in South America yet. A wife and child... You get the drift.

Bumping this thread now that we are in another bout of nationwide, runaway inflation.

I'm always looking for new tips or creative ideas on how to save money!

Also welcome are any tips on conservation, reducing, recycling, reusing and repurposing!

Bumping this thread now that we are in another bout of nationwide, runaway inflation.

I'm always looking for new tips or creative ideas on how to save money!

Also welcome are any tips on conservation, reducing, recycling, reusing and repurposing!
Captain, my tip for you is the same as last time...or did you already do that?

You ready? You look ready.
I’m semi-frugal.

Best thing to do is find the things you can’t live without and work backwards. For me, eating out is a big part of my budget because I like the social interactions.

And my guitar lessons are a new can’t live without item. At least for the foreseeable future.

EDIT: best advice tho is don’t get sick