Coronavirus

Tools    

I see that 65+ Pfizer people can now get a 3rd dose so long as 2nd vaxx was 6 months ago. Seems reasonable.
I see our President just got his booster. Hope others are able to do this without difficulty

Just scheduled my third Pfizer shot for October 15th.
Yay for being high risk, I guess.
At the same place you had the first two?

At the same place you had the first two?
No. I got the first two doses through Kaiser since they're my insurance provider. This appointment is scheduled at a hospital that's much closer to my house, which is convenient.

@Takoma11 posted here that her mother had a horrid reaction to the flu shot. Never had a bad reaction to a shot, thank God.
Yes, her reaction was truly awful (like really sick for several days).

But for me that's even more incentive to get my shot to reduce the risk of me spreading it to her. I continue to feel that giving COVID or anything to someone vulnerable would be so upsetting to me.

Also, 9 of my 22 students were out sick today (technically speaking one of them has COVID and 4 of them are quarantining pending COVID tests). Getting kind of thin on the ground in my room!

I've never gotten a flu shot and as far as I know I've never had the flu. The only time I can remember being sick enough to not be active was when I had pneumonia as a child. I've never had to call in sick because I was sick. I'm even immune to poison ivy. This was in my mind when I got the Covid vaccine as part of me thought what am I doing to myself and why. Of course I got it anyway, but I can't help but wonder, due to my history, if it was necessary. No regrets as of yet.

But for me that's even more incentive to get my shot to reduce the risk of me spreading it to her. I continue to feel that giving COVID or anything to someone vulnerable would be so upsetting to me.
Heck, yeah. I couldn’t live with myself if I did that.

I've never gotten a flu shot and as far as I know I've never had the flu.
You’d know if you had the flu. For sure.

At church this morning one of my buddies asked me if I knew Tony who attends mass at our church. Said I didn’t. Apparently he is very sick with COVID in the ICU & not allowed visitors. My buddy said she felt sure I would recognize this guy if I saw him.

Several hours later I’m thinking about someone attending mass who has COVID. Shouldn’t we be doing contact tracing or something?

I never knew this, but learned it with all the talk about Covid... that the flu shots are only about 33% effective! (That's far less than the ratings given the various Covid vaccines)!

Makes me glad I never get it. I do get the flu... every 30 years... get it really bad, then I'm good for about 3 decades with the antibodies. Had it 2 years ago (after sitting in the hospital with my mom when she went in for a problem)... had a temp for 4 days (chills, delirium, no appetite, etc.) then took about 2 weeks to recover (and 2 months to get back to full lung capacity).
2 months to fully recover lung capacity from the flu? I got the flu every year when I was a teenager, maybe the explains why my endurance to long-distance running is so low.

About 1/3 of our grade are out either with COVID or quarantining. One of the teachers is also out (with COVID) and things are a little tense. I'm teaching all of the quarantining/sick 5th graders virtually at the same time I'm doing my in-person teaching, which is challenging. Today I went up to the office and this one parent was just RIPPING into our principal because his son has to quarantine. Just totally out of line bullying behavior that makes me feel very uneasy about his job as a police officer. (By all means, please keep shouting. I hear that if you yell enough, principals no longer have to enforce state health regulations!).

Everyone is losing their chill and it feels like the next week or two are just going to be a total dumpster fire.

2 months to fully recover lung capacity from the flu? I got the flu every year when I was a teenager, maybe the explains why my endurance to long-distance running is so low.
Yes, it was a bad one in the chestal area. Within a couple days of extreme coughing my lungs were wracked with pain from the next cough and even breathing became painful.
Although the symptoms subsided within a couple weeks, it took far longer for my lungs to heal and regain their normal capacity.

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
I'm often skeptical of stuff, in light of my belief is. Never want to fully buy-in and drink the Kool Aid. There are plenty of people that I see doing all the stuff you're not suppose to do and never had issues.

We had an instructor at school who was vaccinated and got a bad case of covid and missed the last 2 weeks. I'm not saying it applies to everyone, but it just seems easy to avoid a bunch of this stuff. A kid asked to sit next to me today and I told him, "Not until you put a mask on".

I've always thought that Miles Teller was a bit of a wet bag of garbage, but he's anti-vaxx and refuses testing (?, for reasons?) and appears to have gotten Covid last month which ended up shutting down the production of the TV show he was filming (a docudrama about the making of Godfather) and costing the production several million dollars. I hope he enjoys the bankruptcy

My favorite advice is from Giancarlo Esposito: "If you don’t want to vaccinate, go to a small island and sequester yourself...I’m not downing anyone who doesn’t want to vaccinate. Don’t work. Go ride it out somewhere where you’re not going to compromise anyone else if you get it."

Given the circumstances....was I wrong?

Given the circumstances....was I wrong?

Yes, he's a real charmer

From the first paragraph of his Esquire article (I chose not to read further, out of fear there would be more pictures of him blankly staring back at me)

"You've just told him, by way of making conversation, that according to legend the champagne coupe in your hand is shaped like Marie Antoinette's left breast, and he tells you the highball glass is modeled after his cock. Then he tells the waitress the same thing"

But is it soggy like his jowls though. Because sure we could squeeze those into a glass. Not very useful though.