An Old Ukrainian War Drama

Tools    

It's an old and black and white Ukrainian movie. It tells about the war years and childhood at wartime (like Tarkovsky's Ivan). There is a family. Dad goes war as a soldier, mom is taking care of their children. In some scenes, they also dress the woman in a soldier's uniform. The scene I remember the most: sunflowers and flowers, mother and child walking towards each other in slow motion among trees. There was no sound in the background, only nature sounds. Then they are hugging each other.
Another scene i remember: the kid was learning reading. He was reading slowly. Then he was visiting his mom. Mom was very sick, probably very close to death. So kid was crying. That was the ending scene of movie.

It might be Fate of a Man

Not, not that movie. This movie is about father. The movie I wrote about is about women at wartime. There was childs mom and she was doing a lot of hardwork.

I remember last scenes so clear. There was a sunflower field. The wind was blowing and we was hearing wind's sound. After that we was seeing the kid, he was trying to read something. He just learnt reading. His mother was sick, very close to death so kid was crying.

I saw it on a Ukrainan tv. But there was not a info about movies name.

Sunflowers, black and white, family and Ukraine remember me of Zemlya (1930). Honestly, I have not watched it, but I know that the story is completely different.

Sunflowers, black and white, family and Ukraine remember me of Zemlya (1930). Honestly, I have not watched it, but I know that the story is completely different.
Black God, White Devil. Brasileiro? Or you just like Glauber Rocha?

Yeah, not that movie like you said. If i will find it on anywhere i will write.