A scary thing happened on the way to the Movie Forums - Horrorcrammers

Tools    

The franchise apparently stalled out because after 8 days of production on the Collect3d, the producers shut everything down and locked everyone out of the sets, resulting in things being lost/stolen/sold off and set everything back to zero.

The writer/directors said they’ve been completely ghosted by the company that bought the rights as well so it’s effectively killed the franchise.

Sounds like some shady back door dealing went south. It’s a shame because they apparently had everything in order for a groovy follow up, including the lead actors returning.
How bizarre!

Waited until after midnight so it was technically October 1 before I started but I watched Freaky tonight, the Vince Vaughn body swap horror comedy. It’s a bit too long but the kills were sufficiently brutal and the humor charming making it an easy watch.

The trick is not minding
Waited until after midnight so it was technically October 1 before I started but I watched Freaky tonight, the Vince Vaughn body swap horror comedy. It’s a bit too long but the kills were sufficiently brutal and the humor charming making it an easy watch.
This was playing near me last October, but I figured I’d wait until it was streaming to see it. Looks fun!

Yes. Much more so of HH than BM but they both ultimately had the same problem.

A problem MM thankfully avoids.
Liked but didn't love Bly and Hill.
Watched the first 3 MM episodes last night and loving it so far. I'll say more after I'm done.

It might be Wan’s masterpiece
I was thinking of what a fun midnight movie it’d make, like double feature with Rocky Horror or something.

I was thinking of what a fun midnight movie it’d make, like double feature with Rocky Horror or something.
I would’ve kicked off my Halloween movie screenings that I host for friends with Malignant and Basket Case but I convinced everyone that attends to watch Malignant already, in my initial excitement.

Shot myself in the foot but I guess Malignant has to spread.

Kicked off the month proper with a rewatch of Kill, Baby... Kill! Survey says... It's great. Wish it had stronger lead actors (there's nobody on the level of Barbara Steele here), but it also might be Bava's best looking movie.

Will likely be the only classy thing I watch this month.

Victim of The Night
Kicked off the month proper with a rewatch of Kill, Baby... Kill! Survey says... It's great. Wish it had stronger lead actors (there's nobody on the level of Barbara Steele here), but it also might be Bava's best looking movie.

Will likely be the only classy thing I watch this month.
Big fan here.
A witch versus a ghost? How ya gonna beat that?

Big fan here.
A witch versus a ghost? How ya gonna beat that?
A good witch too, which seems pretty novel?

I wanted to watch a movie a day for october, but I blew it already.

So I started the month's watches with The Old Dark House. It's supposed to be a comedy, but I didn't find a ton of it funny, being 30's humor and all that. What an absolutely wonderful movie though. Like a fairy tale or a campfire story. Every character is memorable, and the family from the house are all delightful. The two siblings carry every scene they're in.

Victim of The Night
'Crammers:

For god knows how many years now I have done a Horrorthon thread on whatever forum was working at that time, which some of you may remember. It was generally not just movie reviews but all the Halloween related content that I love "crammed" into one place.
Well, I am pleased to announce a new venture after doing it the same for almost 15 years, I have had the good fortune to partner with our own Captain Terror for a month-long Halloween Extravaganza of all kinds of content to keep us in the mood. We hope that fellow MoFos from all threads will feel welcome to join us and we also look forward to complementing the other great Horror/Halloween threads that are out there, which we will also be participating in.
Please join us, we look forward to enjoying this month with all of you.
Thanks

Watched Next of Kin, which was good and all (great third act, first two are a bit too slow of a burn though), but I regret to report that I spent an undue amount of time looking at the characters' pants after somebody (Tak?) complained that the pants were too tight in some Australian movie they watched.

I must report that the pants here appeared to fit correctly.