Would You Like To See A "Good Will Hunting" Sequel?

Tools    

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
They've been re-making everything to death, and the endless sequels, I've always wondered why not one for "Good Will Hunting"? I've written stories for this in my head a handful of times...

If this movie was available in the near future, would you watch it?

They've been re-making everything to death, and the endless sequels, I've always wondered why not one for "Good Will Hunting"? I've written stories for this in my head a handful of times...

No. That story is complete.

I'd watch Groot Will Hunting, a story about a tree searching for the means to claim their rightful inheritance.

Not without Robin Williams.

Not without Robin Williams.

I've imagined what a sequel would be in my head... I would have it start with his funeral, a suicide. Will actually looks at that picture in his office and implied Robin's character was suicidal. It could also bring this taboo topic of suicide to the forefront. Drugs of despair as they say in articles. Deaths due to substance abuse, or suicide. US veterans die by suicide more than in combat. People sometimes assume someone who is a psychiatrist, psychologist, doctor, and other professional people would never commit suicide because they're smart, on top of things, financially secure..

I've had a handful of other ideas, but I just thought since Damon and Affleck are still around, wrote and starred in the movie, it would be nice to see after 20 years. It seems like everything is being re-booted and re-made, so why not this? I really think it would make money, too. It could be good. It's rare for two young guys to write and star in their first movie, but have they ever written a movie together or alone again? I saw this soon after it came out, and like a few other movies made around then as I became an adult, I had hopes for the future of movies, but realize it was short-lived.

I guess I'm the only one who would want to see this happen..... I don't like Godfather III, but it doesn't take anything away from the first two. There were rumors for so long (just flash-backed to a Godfather forum) about DiCaprio and other returning members, but I guess it never went through. I'm guessing it wouldn't be as good, but you never know.

It's like "Cobra Kai". It might not be excellent, but because of nostalgia, and the vantage point being a little different, especially after almost 40 years, it seemed to have caught the interest on YouTube, getting millions of viewers when the first two episodes were free.

I'd watch Bad Will Hunting where Will is mistaken for a Princeton grad and ends up getting involved with a bourgeois, trust fund type while traveling in Europe. This eventually leads to an escalating series of violent acts but, much like Good Will Hunting, he manages to get through a bad situation relatively unscathed.

FIN

I'd watch Bad Will Hunting where Will is mistaken for a Princeton grad and ends up getting involved with a bourgeois, trust fund type while traveling in Europe. This eventually leads to an escalating series of violent acts but, much like Good Will Hunting, he manages to get through a bad situation relatively unscathed.

FIN

I'd watch it just for the title

I am the Watcher in the Night
I'm intrigued...I mean it's not something I have thought about or cinema even needs but if Damon and Affleck ever wanted to work together again AND had the passion and sincerity then I can imagine the sequel working. I like the idea of starting at the doc's funeral where we, the viewers, learn that Damon is suffering marriage woes and is currently separated. He takes a trip away from his now successful life to reconnect with his friends from back in the day...only to find some have OD, others are in prison but Affleck's character is surprisingly well. Married, kids, low paying but stable job...he's happy.

The moral of the story here could be different, more pertinent to our times, that money and education does not buy you happiness.

"I need your clothes, your boots and your motorcycle"