A scary thing happened on the way to the Movie Forums - Horrorcrammers

Tools    

The only thing I remember about Hills Have Eyes Part 2, is it made me think I had seen Hill Have Eyes Part 1 well into my 40's, and so very nearly never bothered to watch it.

That should be considered as some kind of sequel crime.

The only thing I remember about Hills Have Eyes Part 2, is it made me think I had seen Hill Have Eyes Part 1 well into my 40's, and so very nearly never bothered to watch it.

That should be considered as some kind of sequel crime.
Wait, did you watch the sequel first?!?

HauntedWeen 3.0: The Revenge of Hooptober:

Final Exam (1981)

Alright, I've finally seen Final Exam and it was something.

I do see what they were going for between the slow build in the early going (try to give the viewer more reason to root for various people) and the attempted contrast between the frat prank in the early going and what transpired in the final third. I just think it could have been better executed.

Although it's not a ripoff of other slashers, I do think they might have cribbed some notes from Halloween from the brunette heroine to the musical score. A few clever lines and kills can't save this one from being an also-ran.

It's a near miss.

Apex can at last learn the secret Horrorcram handshake.
WARNING: spoilers below

You mean before or after you divulged the secret handshake?

At this point, I don't think you are permitted a choice in the matter.
Does that mean I'm required to watch it now or that I'm no longer worthy of watching it?

Never you mind the details, just know you are now ethically committed to watching it.
I assume something like this will happen to me if I refuse to watch it:

Shouldn't I watch Mid-Term first to go in order?

Lots of sass back coming from this secret handshake infidel.

Just accept your doom and watch Final Exam.

Yes, you are also required to like it.

Unironically.