MoFo Fantasy Football 2021 - The Season

Tools    

Drafted ninth and am starting in tenth place. Yup, that feels about right.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

A system of cells interlinked
Grats the The Empire for a well-played match. It all came down to me playing Jones II instead of Hines, which made all the difference.

A system of cells interlinked
A player finishing in the negatives is always a killer. Ugh.
Especially since it was the Thurs night game, which sent me into the weekend feeling like I already lost. Turns out I was right!

The guy in my other league who started Jones actually wound up with the highest score for the week. Because he also has Kyler Murray, Tyreek Hill, Corey Davis, Adam Thielen, and Travis Kelce, all of whom had monster games. And he had frickin' Gronk on his bench.

He is gonna be tough to beat.

Yay! I nabbed Eli Mitchell who I hope will remain the starting RB for San Fran going forward. He had a fantastic game week 1. Definitely needed running depth, actually thats always needed.

Even though Sterling Shephard did great and OBJ might return I think Ill still put Grok in my swing slot. Brady pushed to get Gronk and Antonio Brown so Ill play both and hope they are steady contributors.

Them Cowboys, they did pretty good against the Super Bowl champs thursday. Could be some surprises this season.

The trick is not minding
Yeah, it’s just one game. WhenTheLeveonBreaks lost his first 3 games last year and proceeded to finish 9-1 the rest of the way to make the playoffs.
Still a lot of games to play.

Third highest-scoring team last week. Too bad I faced the second highest-scoring team. Considering how strong WhentheLe'VeonBreaks looks at the moment, maybe we'd all be better off auto-drafting.

I invested heavily in Tennessee's offense across all three of my leagues. (Tannehill/Brown in our league; Henry in a standard-scoring money league; Tannehill/Henry in a long-running league with old college acquaintances.) Currently worried that I might've severely underrated the impact of the Titans losing their OC. The appeal of Tannehill was how efficient and "safe" he's been the past two seasons, but last Sunday he looked like Dolphins-era Tannehill with 3 turnovers on the day. Hopefully the poor team performance was a combination of lost practice time from their COVID outbreak a few weeks ago and the Cardinals being much better defensively than people expected this season.

Tannehill aside, I'm pleased with how my team performed -- Hockenson, especially, as I felt strongly that he was in store for a huge season as Detroit's primary pass-catcher. RBs were my concern after the draft, but so far so good; although I'm worried that Harris's late fumble will affect his usage going forward.

Trey Sermon was supposed to be my potential lottery pick as San Fran's #2 RB, but Shanahan shenanigans have already doused cold water on those hopes. To add to the frustration, I was watching ESPN's fantasy show Sunday morning when news broke of Sermon's surprising inactive status, and Adam Schefter started hyping up Elijah Mitchell. I nearly added Mitchell afterwards, but couldn't decide who to drop for him. Then Mostert goes down for the season two carries into the game, and now Mitchell is everyone's waiver priority. I'm skeptical that Mitchell will remain the guy every week going forward because of Shanahan's unpredictability, but if Mitchell turns into this year's James Robinson (or even this year's Mike Davis), I'm going to be kicking myself all season long for my hesitancy to add him when I had the chance.

Oh, well. At least I didn't have any season-ending injuries this week. Jerry Jeudy's looked more serious but is only a high ankle sprain that should have him back in a month or so. Mostert...who knows? I have enough depth to cover them being out for a spell. And Ryan Fitzpatrick is only my back up QB so as long as he is healthy to go against Denver in Week Eight (Halloween!) when Lamar has a BYE I am good.
Everyone you draft in future seasons is automatically going on my Do Not Draft list when prepping for my other leagues. All those injuries you dealt with last year, and now three more in just week one . . . the Holden Pike curse is real!!!

I invested heavily in Tennessee's offense across all three of my leagues.
This actually worried me, as I've noticed in the past you've done pretty well picking a team, more than a player. I was okay with it since I nabbed Julio but he's off to a slow start (one game, whatever, but still). I used to do something similar with baseball, I remember one year I went in really hard on Houston pitchers and they all overperformed.

But I guess it does come with its risks, too. Still early, though.

and the Cardinals being much better defensively than people expected this season.
This is always the big thing, every year: who won or lost because they're not what we thought? Maybe such-and-such's offense isn't that good, or maybe we had no idea how good the defense they were playing is. We won't know for a few weeks. I do think the latter happens a lot, though. I think surprisingly good defenses pop up out of nowhere more often than the inverse.

I'm going to be kicking myself all season long for my hesitancy to add him when I had the chance.
I can relate to this feeling, but really, it's unavoidable, yeah? This is the downside of tryharding, of being aware of every sleeper: no matter who busts out, you can specifically recall considering going for them. You'll inevitably "touch" every breakout, either by rostering them for a bit or having them on a short list for a pickup, or whatever. It can be maddening, but it seems worse than it is the more engaged you are.

Ouch. Yoda must be pulling his hair out after watching Williams fumble away that TD.
I wasn't watching, was doing an esports cast and simultaneously sweating out a fantasy baseball semifinal in a money league. I was gonna lose anyway.

I'll have to check and see if I've ever been 0-2 before. I wanna say maybe once.

Let the night air cool you off
Justin had the worst draft grade and is looking at starting 2-0. Mahomes and Henry will do that for you.
I'm in a close one that could still go either way right now. I was up but then Mahomes threw that bad pick. Now I'm down less than a point. I am being completely carried by those two dudes this week.

The trick is not minding
I wasn't watching, was doing an esports cast and simultaneously sweating out a fantasy baseball semifinal in a money league. I was gonna lose anyway.

I'll have to check and see if I've ever been 0-2 before. I wanna say maybe once.
Just looked. 2013 (finished 6-7)
Interestingly enough, you’ve had only 3 losing seasons in this league. 2012,2013 and 2019.

The trick is not minding
I'm in a close one that could still go either way right now. I was up but then Mahomes threw that bad pick. Now I'm down less than a point. I am being completely carried by those two dudes this week.
It is so friggin close. Really good matchup.