Movie You're Watching Tonight

Tools    

I forgot the opening line.
Well, seeing as there's a new Dune movie coming, and someone has started a thread about the David Lynch version in 1984, I think I might finally get down to this :

I haven't read the novel - so I'm pretty worried already. It has a reputation.

Latest Review : Le Circle Rouge (1970)

The 'Burbs

Edge Of The World with Jonathon Rhys Meyers and Dominic (Merry) Monaghan.. based on the true story which inspired “The Man Who Would Be King” and “Apocalypse Now” came across the trailer last night by chance, never heard about it so hope it’s good

Gonna watch it in the dark
One of my favorite films of all time.

The author, Mark Singer was a model in NYC but couldn't fit in, didn't like the lifestyle. He wanted to leave it all and become a homeless, he was interested in those people that he saw on the streets.

He eventually did that, went living underground, to the subway tunnels and got the idea of making a film, make cash, and take that community out of there. The film was made with the help of everyone living there and some investors who agreed to give him total creative freedom.

He managed to convince DJ Shadow, the famous NYC DJ Shadow to not only let his music's be in the documentary film, something he never agreed on any other film to that day, but I believe he made the songs. There's a new release, the director visit the tunnels years later, you can find on YouTube some parts.

There's many interesting cats in that documentary, the one that caught my attention above all others was Ronnie, his the type of individuals I think NYC had during that time, the charisma, the entire package.

The trick is not minding
*sigh*

Was trying to squeeze in The Death of Mr. Lazarescu before work, but the weather seems to be interfering. It keeps pausing, as if my internet is about to go out, but eventually starts back up. Ruining the experience, so I’m just going to have to cut out and catch it tonight hopefully.

Rewatch after ten-odd years.
Never heard of this movie & Netflix dvd doesn’t have it. Love the late Katrin Cartlidge.

Never heard of this movie & Netflix dvd doesn’t have it. Love the late Katrin Cartlidge.
Oh, it’s amasing! You really should hunt it down, I adore it. Feels like Anderson definitely took a leaf out of this guy’s book for The Grand Budapest Hotel.

Oh, it’s amasing! You really should hunt it down, I adore it. Feels like Anderson definitely took a leaf out of this guy’s book for The Grand Budapest Hotel.
I hated The GB Hotel.

I hated The GB Hotel.
I think it’s fine but I’m not a staunch defender of it either. The above is not similar; hard to explain unless you decide to watch. Very different movie & anyone who’s been in a British hotel outside London will probably relate.

Devil Hunter is the most boring thing I've ever seen. If it weren't for the fact that it tries to plot more than Beast of Yucca Flatts, then it would be the worse movie.