Perfect Song Chosen for a Movie Scene

Tools    

It's from a spammer, I very much doubt they cared whether it fitted the brief or not.

I don't think it works.

(I've put the whole sequence because of the contrast with John Barry, Maybe it could have worked without it, if they had decided for one style only. For one styyyle onlyyyyyy, only for oooone.)
I appreciate this one as a bad example. The Beach Boys "California Girls" is a great tune and could work for an action sequence, but I somehow doubt Bond was skiing in California (although I don't know for sure)... and there are no girls in the scene.

Beach Boys music has always been associated with surfing (not really skiing)... don't know if they ever made a skiing song. So, the ONLY connection between the song and the scene is Bond snow boarding being similar to surfing. It's a grasp to try to connect surfing music with snow boarding especially when the song used has no mention of surfing in it and the only real connection is that the band who performed the song was known for surf music.

Perhaps a song like "Surfin' Safari" might have been a better choice (but still a stretch).

Victim of The Night
Mick Smiley - "Magic"
Ghostbusters
The first half of this song is crap but out of context, especially in this scene, it's brilliant and dark.

Yeah, I always really liked this.

"How tall is King Kong ?"
It's a grasp to try to connect surfing music with snow boarding especially when the song used has no mention of surfing in it and the only real connection is that the band who performed the song was known for surf music.
They should have saved it to enhance Die Another Day.

But I really don't think the lyrics are the issue here. Well, of course I wouldn't think that : I first saw this movie dubbed at a time when I didn't speak english at all. The jarring aspect was musical. For me, this scene is symptomatic of a movie and a bond era that didn't know what it wanted to be. So you have John Barry doing the music of a spy thriller (be afraid), and suddenly a song right out of some Terence Hill and Bud Spencer movie (don't worry). So, is there supposed to be suspense, is there supposed to be tension ? Badassery or silliness ? The music turns it on and off, unrelatedly to the events - as opposed to William's masterful switch from falsely exhilarating to terrifying in Jaws, or the falsely safe-sounding truck sequence in Dawn of the Dead. It's simply indecision. Like some last minute "omg I think we went too far with that action sequence, quick, change that scene's music to show that we're in on the joke".

Anyway, back to the good examples : I love Fallen. It's a bit what Legion unfortunately failed to be. And its use of Time is on my side is just terrific.

I recall a college project that dubbed Depeche Mode's "Clean" over shots from the film The Emerald Forest. It was quite effective.

The blood-bath fight in Blade is great.

The music in Return of the Living Dead fits perfectly.

Tarantino usually finds a track that fits.

"Just a Gigilo" by Louis Prima for Harley Quinn scene in The Suicide Squad (2021).

The fact that I'm a huge Louis Prima fan helps this song & scene make it to this thread.

Now, it's another scene where a kind of snappy tune is used in the background for extreme violence (like some others that have made this thread).

But here, context is everything. The song itself wouldn't make a whole lot of sense as the backdrop, but you have to understand that before the song starts, Harley had been reciting the lyrics "I aint got nobody" while she was being tortured after bad guys kidnapped her as obviously nobody was coming to her rescue. Turns out she didn't really need anybody... and then Louis Prima starts playing...