The Personal Recommendation Hall of Fame IV

Tools    

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Make Way for Tomorrow

This one was so good. Puts into effect the realities of getting old and the "consequences" of it. I particularly loved the performance of Mrs. Cooper, played terrificly by Beulah Bondi. Her chemistry with Victor Moore was so on point and their relationship felt so genuine. Love how we are dropped right into the family predicament right at the beginning, it even gives the viewer a sense of uneasiness as to how we would proceed given the same circumstances. It's a film filled with a lot of heartfelt moments. The last third of the film is so good, with them spending time in the city together. This movie is hard to really criticize with any of it's flaws, it just feels so real. Great film!

+
I knew you would like this one!

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Trainspotting

I didn't care for this at all. It was a pretty strange recommendation so I'll just chalk it up to somebosy loving the film and not necessarily knowing much of my tastes. Drug movies are usually on the bad side of things for me, unless great performances are there. For me, that wasn't the case with this. The scenes with the baby were horrible. I'm also not really sure what Boyle was setting out to do. Just not my kind of film. The word ****e was way too prevalent.

Trainspotting

I didn't care for this at all. It was a pretty strange recommendation so I'll just chalk it up to somebosy loving the film and not necessarily knowing much of my tastes. Drug movies are usually on the bad side of things for me, unless great performances are there. For me, that wasn't the case with this. The scenes with the baby were horrible. I'm also not really sure what Boyle was setting out to do. Just not my kind of film. The word ****e was way too prevalent.

Doesn't side like my kind of movie. You know what, I can't figure out what ****e is? And I thought of all the naughty words I know and none of them end in an e. But don't tell me I probably don't even want to know.

Doesn't side like my kind of movie. You know what, I can't figure out what ****e is? And I thought of all the naughty words I know and none of them end in an e. But don't tell me I probably don't even want to know.
I believe it's just the "s-word" with an e on the end because British.

I haven't seen Trainspotting in years, but I do remember it having a very distinct tone. One of those films where you totally get why someone might love it, and at the same time can imagine someone hating it.

In the days before I saw Requiem for a Dream it really stood out as a cautionary tale about the danger of addiction.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
For as terrible I am for picking films for you, raul, but I had a feeling that Trainspotting would not work for you.
It has been a number of years since I last viewed it, but I have enjoyed it, having seen it a few times.

And CR, NO it is not for you.

Congratulations Raul, you are the 5th member to finish!

I'm a Trainspotting fan but I didn't pick it for you. I picked a different movie you didn't care for.

Congratulations Raul, you are the 5th member to finish!

I'm a Trainspotting fan but I didn't pick it for you. I picked a different movie you didn't care for.
I'll send my list soon

Hopefully, I will pick this up today again, now that my "Birthday month" is over.

Not all surprised Raul didn't like Trainspotting and I definitely wouldn't recommend it for Citizen. I feel like I should rewatch it some time though. I liked the book better.

Quite a few people behind with about 6 weeks to go.
"If you build it, they will come"... and if you make this 6 months long, people will take 6 months. No one really needs that much time. It just encourages people to forget about it. Hell I've forgotten about this until someone bumps the thread.

...and yes I know this wasn't 6 months long, the above was an example.

"If you build it, they will come"... and if you make this 6 months long, people will take 6 months. No one really needs that much time. It just encourages people to forget about it. Hell I've forgotten about this until someone bumps the thread.

...and yes I know this wasn't 6 months long, the above was an example.
There will be some that won't finish this for sure.

There will be some that won't finish this for sure.
Not me I just finished The Incredible Shrinking Man so I'm on my way

I've fallen behind a bit but I will finish. I've got Waterloo Bridge on dvd and Rosemary's Baby is on Amazon. I can rent Wendy and Lucy but they sent out a different dvd which I haven't got round to watching. Need to watch that or sent it back unseen this week. Sansho the Bailiff I thought I'd found on yt but there are no English subtitles so at a bit of a loss with that one. But I will get there!

Generally speaking I try and watch as many in a row as possible so I can give an accurate list. Also the fact that nothing else is going on, on this board has dulled my enthusiasm.

Generally speaking I try and watch as many in a row as possible so I can give an accurate list. Also the fact that nothing else is going on, on this board has dulled my enthusiasm.
My countdown!