Mofo Bros Top 100: A Raul and Sean Production

→ in
Tools    

The Human Condition:
I'd like to see that sometime...you sure are well watched, I might even call you a cinephile

Ran:
Kurosawa isn't my favorite, but this looks good. That's all I got to say as I ain't seen it.

The Squid and the Whale:
That was nominated once in an HoF, I pretty much hated it, sorry!

E.T.
I'm a heartless bastard who hates E.T. Nah, I don't really hate it, it does have it's moments. But not my favorite thing.

A Streetcar Named Desire:
My kind of film too and for all the reasons that you just mentioned.

Good stuff here. Raul your turn
I think you will really like Human Condition. I would definitely nominate it for a hall, but I think all three need to be seen. Really feels like a miniseries in that way. Probably more so than any other trilogy.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ

Favorite heist movie. Favorite Lee movie. Great soundtrack. Great acting especially Denzel and another great villain performance, this one by Clive Owen. Supporting cast is pretty fantastic. The setting is awesome too. Love it.

One of the most beautiful things ever put to film. Take the time and see it. It's worth your week of movie watching.

I know this isn't a lot of folks favorite Kurosawa, but it's mine by quite a stretch. Has everything epic storytelling should. Awesome characterizations, staggering battle sequences, and plenty to chew on thematically. All while being the best use of color posiibly ever.

Love Baumbach's writing, and this is the best of the bunch. So funny. Very disheartening at times. Love the Daniels and Eisenberg performances.

Classic storytelling, classic Spielberg. Love his family dynamics, and the way he punches you in the heart. This is his best in those areas. Sorry Jaws.

This is a Sean movie. All dialogue and character. Just love taking it in.
Someday I'll get to Human Condition. Looks great.

Ran is another match!

E.T. was on my last list. It didn't make this one though.

I prefer other Baumbach but I like Squid.

Streetcar is just great acting.

Probably the greatest looking black and white film I've seen. A powerful story with very powerful performances. Seen it once but it's stuck with me. Can't wait to see it again too.

Enough with the art house already, we get it your sophisticated.

Loved Letters about as much as Cranes but I also don’t have a good memory for it. I will rewatch them both. Beautiful films.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.

Love Baumbach's writing, and this is the best of the bunch. So funny. Very disheartening at times. Love the Daniels and Eisenberg performances.

I watched The Squid and the Whale a couple of years ago when it was nominated in a HoF, and I liked it, but I don't remember it being funny. Am I thinking of the wrong movie, or did I just miss the humor in the movie?

Classic storytelling, classic Spielberg. Love his family dynamics, and the way he punches you in the heart. This is his best in those areas. Sorry Jaws.
I love E.T.. It's one of the few movies that I saw in the movie theater, and I immediately went back in to watch it again. It's still one of my all-time favorite movies.

I watched The Squid and the Whale a couple of years ago when it was nominated in a HoF, and I liked it, but I don't remember it being funny. Am I thinking of the wrong movie, or did I just miss the humor in the movie? .
I think the humor is supposed to be there but it’s very pretentious. Just the way Daniels and Eisenberg interact with their world. Like they got it all figured out, but we know they are full of *****. I find that style of writing very funny and it’s all over Baumbach movies. Very Woody Allen inspired I would say.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I think the humor is supposed to be there but it’s very pretentious. Just the way Daniels and Eisenberg interact with their world. Like they got it all figured out, but we know they are full of *****. I find that style of writing very funny and it’s all over Baumbach movies. Very Woody Allen inspired I would say.

I guess I just missed the humor. Maybe I'll rewatch it for the 2000s Countdown. I don't think I've seen any other Baumbach movies.

We have finally arrived at Sean's favorite movie! I know it wasn't the first slasher but it put the slasher on the map and it's still easily the best of them all. A Carpenter masterpiece. The best part of that movie is that kickass score too. But it just provides all the right elements in a horror film for me. Great film.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.

Favorite heist movie. Favorite Lee movie. Great soundtrack. Great acting especially Denzel and another great villain performance, this one by Clive Owen. Supporting cast is pretty fantastic. The setting is awesome too. Love it.
I enjoyed Inside Man, I think it's somewhat underrated in general.

Missed Inside Man,which, big surprise, I have no memory for. I know I liked it though.

Yeah, me and Halloween don’t jive. I haven’t liked a Carpenter yet.

Missed Inside Man,which, big surprise, I have no memory for. I know I liked it though.

Yeah, me and Halloween don’t jive. I haven’t liked a Carpenter yet.
For some reason I didn't even think you saw it

The cream of the crop when it comes to a gangster film. The characters in this are just what they need to be. Great acting, Peschi perhaps one of the best supporting roles ever in this. Liotta and DeNiro are great too. Couldn't have been pulled off by anyone other than Scorsese, he really hit it out of the park with this.

Visually striking and the last film to make my list that I've only seen once. But I was floored by it. So taken in by the story and the acting was great too. Just a great use of color.