True Lies 2

Tools    

"I can't help it..."
This should happen.
I wasn't expecting it, but now that I think about it... it makes sense.

James Cameron has written the script, Tom Arnold is back, and as soon as Mr. Schwartzenegger has finished T3, he gets back into his spy role.

Oh yeah... its meant to be something about him & his wife having
marriage problems... makes sense.

Finally, Arnold is back on track.

I'm kind of optimistic about this one, as long as Cameron directs.

Female assassin extraordinaire.
yaaay! the first was a kick@ss movies. we need more like it.

B&W
Yeah i remember reading somewhere that he's put off his run for mayor to film T3 and True Lies 2

I don't know if he's "back" or not. Ever since Eraser he has kind of lost his way. Hopefully, with these movies he'll be back on track.

B&W
Hopefully, with these movies he'll be back on track.
He surely can't go too wrong with T3!

Well, personally I thought The Sixth Day was a cool movie; I dug it for the most part...just wasn't as well-received by others, unfortunately. I do agree that he's making his way back now; I think True Lies 2 and Terminator 3: The Rise of the Machines are both huge potential hits. True Lies is a very close second for me in terms of favorite Ah-nuld movie, and, while not as exciting as T2, I thought it was a lot more fun. If the sequel is half as good, it'll be a very watchworthy movie.

B&W
Well, personally I thought The Sixth Day was a cool movie;
I think I enjoyed this movie so much, 'cause my friend told me it was his worst ever, so I expected the worst.
It had a mean storyline as well.

It's funny Ah-nuld doing all these sequals. Wasn't there a time when he said he was never gonna do any?

mav
Remember Commando??-Those were the days LOL

T3 AND True Lies-sounds great to me!!!

B&W
Yeah Commando was mean!

The good old fashioned 'one man army' movies.

Rewatching true lies, i can definitely say it s in thr top 3 action movies of the 90s, maybe goes in the top 5 ever, and the reason they don t make em like this anymore is because the new directors don t have the same dedication as james cameron for example

I think True Lies shows that Cameron's a lot better when the film's hook is something other than its technology.

Either that or it's good because he didn't write it.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again

I'll be honest. I've never cared much for True Lies. It's been too long since making an effort to watch this one, so I'm sorry that I cannot articulate that any better =\ I think it's the particular mix of action, camp, and absurdity of some of that action that didn't sit well with me. Maybe I only have a tolerance for just a particular mix of ingredients? Last Action Hero and ID4 both fall into a similar pit for many of the same reasons that frustrated me with True Lies (I think). Could be too, that I just needed a vehicle for this adorable gif this afternoon.

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
Currently accepting applications for my MoFo Circle of Trust *Operation (MoFoCoT*o). We just had a vacancy open up this afternoon

Point of order: forced vacancies require a unanimous vote by committee followed by at least a three-day notice for appeals for the charged party to make one's case in PPT squiggly animations any reasonable objections to and request for dismissal of said forced vacancy. And words.

You shall have my formal letter of protest by end of week.

Dictated, not read.

yn

...cuz the thread is old? and dusty? a dusty puppy?? gosh.

*ignores DD's PM threats for my comments against Last Action Hero.

he knows I'm right.

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
You can trash LAH all you juant. The fact that I put McTiernan on a pedestal and he made that rolling dumper, makes me question my life.

TL just hit so many highs and felt like a new type of action movie I hadn’t seen before.

You can trash LAH all you juant. The fact that I put McTiernan on a pedestal and he made that rolling dumper, makes me question my life.

TL just hit so many highs and felt like a new type of action movie I hadn’t seen before.
Mctiernan did very good action entries with the die hard franchise, and then came true lies to revolutionize the genre a bit