A scary thing happened on the way to the Movie Forums - Horrorcrammers

Tools    

https://bloody-disgusting.com/home-v...int-eyes-fire/

Looks like Eyes of Fire is coming out on Blu-ray, both standalone and as part of a folk horror box set.

I'm a huge fan of Nordic horror.
name few

You guys know how Crumbsroom is always railing against James Wan for being nothing but soulless technique?

I think John Krasinski is my James Wan. Watched A Quiet Place II over the weekend and was left completely cold. With Wan (who I mostly like) at least you can tell he's passionate about the movies he's aping. I don't know if Krasinski is passionate about anything.
I finally got to it today, and yeah, that sums up my reaction to the film. It's a technically impressive, but emotionally cold film. I haven't thought much about any new plot holes which this film might have introduced to the franchise (I'm sure there are some though), but whatever; I can handle that, just like I did with the first film. What I can't handle is feeling distant from all the characters from beginning to end.

Victim of The Night
Somehow, despite getting the NYT at home every day and loving Horror, I missed that they do this every month:

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/08/20/m...or-movies.html

I personally haven't seen any of these and cannot advocate for them, but they've been doing it every month for a while now so some may wish to go back and read what they've had to say or follow it going forward.

I praised both AGS and TGK and you're attempting to dissect what was tantamount to me saying that TGK has an aesthetic and formal ambition (and atmosphere) that I didn't expect from Lowery despite being a fan of his previous work.

And in doing so, you're projecting a strong degree of disdain to my posts.
You're right. And I think I became unnecessarily aggressive about it. I became really fixated on the choice of word, "literal." Which with the context of it referring to A Ghost Story and it seeming very different from The Green Knight, in my head became a criticism. It seems like a type of word I would use for something like an afterlife story (or a story of imagination) where I'd want a looser or messier narrative structure (or logic). Which seems like a criticism I might have for a number of movies, but don't recall A Ghost Story ever triggering for me. So I'll just keep furrowing my brow on it in confusion, and just accept you seemed to see a much bigger difference in The Green Knight from the rest of Lowry's filmography than I did (though, in my case, compared to only two of his other movies).

You're telling me a movie with this poster isn't amazing? I don't wanna hear it.

I mean, the non-singing and dancing parts were what I wanted. But when I'm trying to put together a 12 hour movie schedule for friends, I tend to avoid movies over 2 hours to get as much in as possible.

Do you wanna party? Its party time!
Huh I really like Dracula Has Risen From The Grave. Oh well.

Latest Movie Viewing: Wings (1927)
Latest Album Listened To: Honky Château, Elton John (1972)
Latest TV Show Viewed: Doctor Who

A couple of goofy horror cliches aside the new Candyman is very good.

A nurse shows up crossing the hallway btw rooms with big grass scissors in her hands

Victim of The Night
A nurse shows up crossing the hallway btw rooms with big grass scissors in her hands
I about **** myself in the theater.

Victim of The Night
Yeesh! I hope you and Captain Terror stay safe. My friend who is an EMT down in NOLA is very, very concerned.
Thanks!
So far so good. A piece of my fence blew into my pool. I know, everybody cry a river for me.

Thanks!
So far so good. A piece of my fence blew into my pool. I know, everybody cry a river for me.
Well, I hope that "Some of my fence is now in my pool" stays the extent of it for you.

I about **** myself in the theater.
Scariest thing ever to see in a horror movie, that movie is just terror