Rock's Cheapo Theatre of the Damned

→ in
Tools    

My classic-rocker parents raised me to look upon ABBA with disdain. But when I got older and became a power pop/glam junkie, I realized that early ABBA wasn't so far removed from that.

Exhibit A:

Exhibit B:

(I say "early" because the first couple of albums seem more guitar-centric to me, as opposed to the dance-ier late 70s stuff. I'm willing to be proven wrong).
So I haven't actually bought anything for the collection yet, but every few months I go on a Youtube ABBA binge.

I've never ventured deep into their music, but generally speaking, I hate ABBA; which is probably why I've never ventured deep into their music But anyway, going by what I've heard, I hate them; especially "Dancing Queen".

I like happy gay people, and I still don't really care for Abba.

I even like a few unhappy gay people, and I still don't like The Smiths either.

What's better: ABBA or Nightbeast? We all already know what Rockatansky's answer is going to be, but what about the rest of you?

I like happy gay people, and I still don't really care for Abba.

I even like a few unhappy gay people, and I still don't like The Smiths either.

This is something the devil would say.

Some Disco-Swede&Mopey-Manc-Hating devil.

Never imagined the Devil to have a framed Peter Tork picture hanging over their bed though. So many surprises come from the netherworld, it seems.

My classic-rocker parents raised me to look upon ABBA with disdain. But when I got older and became a power pop/glam junkie, I realized that early ABBA wasn't so far removed from that.

Exhibit A:

Exhibit B:

(I say "early" because the first couple of albums seem more guitar-centric to me, as opposed to the dance-ier late 70s stuff. I'm willing to be proven wrong).
So I haven't actually bought anything for the collection yet, but every few months I go on a Youtube ABBA binge.

Their earlier stuff is generally more guitar based. The synthy-dance stuff is in the middle, which bleeds into a seemingly more ballad heavy end.

I generally prefer the pop/disco stuff in the middle, even if two of my absolute favorites are SOS and Winner Takes it All (coming from the opposing bookends of their career)

Never imagined the Devil to have a framed Peter Tork picture hanging over their bed though.
That picture is Jodie Foster, you utter cur.

I learned from watching you!

Andrzej Zulawski's Possession is a movie I'd somewhat been dreading revisiting. When I'd seen it all those years back (on YouTube, split into two parts if I recall correctly, as the DVD had been hard to come by in those days),
It's still hard to come by for me. Do you have a region-free player? Or did you stream it somewhere?

I rented a VHS a hundred years ago, but haven't watched it since because I can't find a digital copy (that I can afford).