2000s
8.70%
4 votes
2010s
15.22%
7 votes
Something else (specify in thread)
46 votes. You may not vote on this poll

In case anyone's wondering why there aren't any genres in the poll, it's because the community has an informal (but surprisingly rigid in practice) tendency to alternate between time-based lists and everything else, and we're "due" for a time-based list.

Anyway, poll results very very consensus-y so far...

I'd argue the last four countdowns have been "time based" and we haven't had a proper genre list since the Western one.

I'd argue the last four countdowns have been "time based" and we haven't had a proper genre list since the Western one.
An All-Time list is only time-based in the sense that it exists in time. And it'd be three, regardless, since Westerns was right before that one.

An All-Time list is only time-based in the sense that it exists in time. And it'd be three, regardless, since Westerns was right before that one.

Well it's like we have an "all-time" genre now do we

Well it's like we have an "all-time" genre now do we
No, it's like "genre" and "time-based" do not encompass all list types, whereas you're suggesting that anything which is not the former must be the latter.

@Takoma11 would be a nice choice for our next host Takoma, are you up for it?
I appreciate the nod. I am about to get into my new school year and I worry about adding another obligation right now.

I do look forward to hosting at some point. Mostly so that you can all send me lists of movies you like and I can secretly judge you for them.

I appreciate the nod. I am about to get into my new school year and I worry about adding another obligation right now.

I do look forward to hosting at some point. Mostly so that you can all send me lists of movies you like and I can secretly judge you for them.
1-25.*Total Recall

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
2000s, not because it will be particularly exciting, just because the incompleteness of having a not-quite-2000s list in the Millennium top 100 bugs me.

(And then something different*, and then 2010s.)

(*Preferably musicals.)

We can vote all we like but we need someone to step up. Which Mofo will volunteer for this distinguished role? You all should be fighting to do it!
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Thanks for the vote of confidence, but I don't think I love the decade enough to be the kind of host a countdown needs.

Starting next month I'm also taking classes at University again to add another major to my existing degree, so I wouldn't want to commit to something that time consuming in case I'm busier than anticipated.

I'd really like to see someone who hasn't yet done hosting duties take up this countdown, but if nobody new steps forward I could probably be persuaded to do it.

Provided, of course, that you all vote for Quills.

Right on Miss Vicky! But you're right people are missing out. It's quite the honour plus you get access to the secret countdown host forum - very elite.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
I'm going to need to submit two lots of 25 for a 2000s list to fit all the films on that I want to have on my ballot. And that still leaves a lot out...

I'm going to need to submit two lots of 25 for a 2000s list to fit all the films on that I want to have on my ballot. And that still leaves a lot out...
I did a preliminary shortlist last night. 103 movies. I whittled it down to 75 and then quit. This is going to be hard.