Movie You're Watching Tonight

Tools    

⬆️ Vincent Lindon has made some good movies. Don’t think I’ve seen this one.

I saw the movie soon after it was released, and really enjoyed it. It was unique and innovative. The rumor started after the JFK assassination (11/1963) that Sinatra pulled the film from viewing in deference to Kennedy. But that wasn't true, although it made a nice story.

The 2004 adaption was well acted, but didn't have the punch of the '62 original. Also the name "Manchurian" no longer fit. In the original the brainwashed character had been a Korean War veteran (Manchuria). But in the remake the Korean War was too distant, so they had to use the title "Manchurian" as the name of an evil multinational corporation. Hey, why couldn't they have called it The Googlian Candidate?..

Ghouls, vampires, werewolves... let's party.
I saw the movie soon after it was released, and really enjoyed it. It was unique and innovative. The rumor started after the JFK assassination (11/1963) that Sinatra pulled the film from viewing in deference to Kennedy. But that wasn't true, although it made a nice story.

The 2004 adaption was well acted, but didn't have the punch of the '62 original. Also the name "Manchurian" no longer fit. In the original the brainwashed character had been a Korean War veteran (Manchuria). But in the remake the Korean War was too distant, so they had to use the title "Manchurian" as the name of an evil multinational corporation. Hey, why couldn't they have called it The Googlian Candidate?..

I was curious to see the movie that inspired the Dean Koontz's Jane Hawk novels which comprise five books in the series. In it, Jane Hawk, a rogue F.B.I. agent, has to unravel a conspiracy which surrounds individuals who are injected with nanomachines that take over their minds. Awesome series.