MoFo Fantasy Football 2021 - Sign-Ups

Tools    

Catches me off-guard every year, since it overlaps so much with baseball, but yeah, it's that time again: FUBBLE SEASON.

I've renewed the league and set a (tentative) draft date and time of August 28th, Saturday, at 2:00 PM ET.

It's unclear if we'll have 12 or 14 or whatever this season, and some owners have suggested they prefer some configurations enough that they'd play in one but not the other, so please let me know if you want to play ASAP so we can figure things out as quickly as possible.

When replying, please confirm whether you're availability for the above time. If you don't confirm your potential availability for the draft time, you are not confirmed to participate. Not a single year has gone by where someone hasn't failed to do this. Let's make history this year!

What even is this?

The members on this site play in a fantasy football league. This will be its thirteenth (!) year, and it's a pretty great league. We play with 12-14 teams, and even though there's no money on the line we have a very high retention rate. This league is almost exclusively populated by competitive, engaged owners. It probably helps that I buy the winner this trophy each year:

Can I play?

Yes! Well, maybe. As I said, we have high retention, and some years we only have a slot or two open. This is a Movie Forums league, so heavy preference is given to people who are active on the forums, and this applies even to returning owners. We also give some preference to returning owners, since that kind of continuity is cool, but we lean a little more towards the first criteria. So if you're a regular you stand a decent chance of nabbing a spot. And even if you're kinda in-between, hey, it doesn't hurt to throw your helmet in the ring, provided you can pass concussion protocol after.

How do I sign up?

Just reply in this thread and say you'd like to play, and you'll be considered based on all the stuff I mentioned above. You may or may not get in, but there's no shame in asking! And asking and not getting in one year will be considered the next year as a possible tiebreaker, too.

Interested:
Yoda
Sedai
rauldc14
TONGO
Wyldesyde19
Powdered Water
Captain Spaulding
jiraffejustin
Hey Fredrick
Fabulous
Piledriver
Holden Pike

A system of cells interlinked
In!

I am available for the above time.

AHEM Raul AHEM! It's in red text and stuff!

In and available. Wonder if I will ever win this damn thing!

The trick is not minding
Hoping for a better draft spot this year as picking 8th suuuuuuuucked.
Although I’m better prepared this time around, having kept in mind injuries from last year and such.

All these months later and still my first impulse upon waking every day is to check my phone for updates on Christian McCaffrey's health.

Date/time works for me.

Any changes to the league this year to accommodate for the extra week of the regular season?

Any changes to the league this year to accommodate for the extra week of the regular season?
Not sure, at minimum we'll have to see how many teams we have.

My first instinct was "oh no, this'll ruin our perfect system where everybody plays everybody else exactly once," but if they let us, I'm kinda inclined to just keep it exactly the same and not have the extra week of the regular season matter at all, since it's always so random anyway.

Either that or make the championship two weeks, though I don't know (and kinda doubt) Yahoo allows for that.

Either that or make the championship two weeks, though I don't know (and kinda doubt) Yahoo allows for that.
I'd definitely be in favor of a two-week championship if that's an option.

Gonna give people at least a few days to decide and then try to lock things up no later than early next week, so I can draw draft order and people can prep a little more effectively.