A scary thing happened on the way to the Movie Forums - Horrorcrammers

Tools    

One day, I’ll be able to fix that with Death Nurse 2 and it won’t simply be a beautiful lie.
We try not to promote movies that body-shame or stigmatize mental health issues ("Crazy" "Fat" Ethel), thank you very much.

We try not to promote movies that body-shame or stigmatize mental health issues ("Crazy" "Fat" Ethel), thank you very much.
Good thing I didn’t promote Criminally Insane 2 aka Crazy Fat Ethel.

I promoted Death Nurse 2. The fourth film of the franchise. You’d know this if you were a man of culture.

Good thing I didn’t promote Criminally Insane 2 aka Crazy Fat Ethel.

I promoted Death Nurse 2. The fourth film of the franchise. You’d know this if you were a man of culture.
How dare you sir. Here I am in the other thread, trying to turn Body Girls into the next Nightbeast, only to see this guff from none other than yourself. Uncultured my ass.

How dare you sir. Here I am in the other thread, trying to turn Body Girls into the next Nightbeast, only to see this guff from none other than yourself. Uncultured my ass.
I’m sorry but at no point did you say “I’ve seen Death Nurse 2 and wish to repent for all of my slander and plebeian opining.”

Body Girls? Let me know when it’s Body Melt.

I’m sorry but at no point did you say “I’ve seen Death Nurse 2 and wish to repent for all of my slander and plebeian opining.”

Body Girls? Let me know when it’s Body Melt.
*hums theme from Body Girls loudly enough to drown out MKS*

I got to see The Green Knight on Tuesday, not a horror per se but definitely has some weird creepy vibes running through it at times. It's leisurely paced but I found it hypnotic and when it reached the end was kind of giddy at how it turned the hero's journey style story on it's head. If you like weird trippy fantasy films highly recommend.

I got to see The Green Knight on Tuesday, not a horror per se but definitely has some weird creepy vibes running through it at times. It's leisurely paced but I found it hypnotic and when it reached the end was kind of giddy at how it turned the hero's journey style story on it's head. If you like weird trippy fantasy films highly recommend.
It very much fits in with the repertoire A24 is building up and could’ve passed for an Eggers joint, feeling especially at home with the Witch and the Lighthouse. It tips more into the formally accomplished surrealism of the latter but shares several key cast members with the former.

Excellent stuff.

Pretty much; I was thinking about posting the Krusty the clown "What the hell was that??" in response to the overall experience, but that's really meant more for movies that are the bad kind of weird (so I'll save it for the Lamb trailer that played before the movie instead); The Green Knight, on the other hand, is the good kind, with a strong, boundless sense of imagination that both produces an unexpected moment or hallucinatory image every single scene, while also immersing us fully into its quasi-Horror tone with those moments, which leaves us eagerly anticipating the next one, rather than jarring us with them (although they still manage to be endlessly unpredictable regardless). Add on top of that the extremely vivid style (granted, a bit too vivid at times, like during the underwater sequence), the bold, active cinematography, the balance between the solemn overall portrayal we've come to expect from Arthurian adaptations, and the generally grittier, more down-to-Earth content of the film, and an ending that manages be both utterly confounding and highly satisfying in its subversion of the storytelling tropes of typical fairly tale/morality plays, and David Lowery gives us a dark, one-of-a-kind Medieval Fantasy, one that draws strength from the genre, while also utterly turning it on its head at the same time.

Victim of The Night
Um... what other thread is this?

Hi Ash!

We're all big fans of a little movie called Nightbeast in this forum. Have you heard of it?
*Read the description* Maybe?
*Looks at screenshots* I have not!

Hi Ash!

We're all big fans of a little movie called Rawhead Rex in this forum. Have you heard of it?
The impression I had of it, combined with a couple of gifs, left me surprised that it was a lot more competently made than I was expecting.

Hi Ash!

We're all big fans of a little movie called Garbage Pale Kids in this forum. Have you heard of it?
If you've read a book and have forgotten it, have you read it?
I was really into the cards when I was in grade school. I can't even remember if I saw the movie. The craze might have died out by then. I'm not sure. From the cards, there was a Robotech/Transformers parody one that I thought was both funny and cool. But I was also in grade school. So I was most likely quite stupid.

It very much fits in with the repertoire A24 is building up and could’ve passed for an Eggers joint, feeling especially at home with the Witch and the Lighthouse. It tips more into the formally accomplished surrealism of the latter but shares several key cast members with the former.

Excellent stuff.
I finally caught up with Ain't Them Bodies Saints only recently and saw A Ghost Story roughly in the year it came out. I think Malick's the usual comparison point I've been hearing. Though speaking of Eggers, I am excited for The Northman whatever year that comes out.

The trick is not minding
*Read the description* Maybe?
*Looks at screenshots* I have not!

The impression I had of it, combined with a couple of gifs, left me surprised that it was a lot more competently made than I was expecting.

If you've read a book and have forgotten it, have you read it?
I was really into the cards when I was in grade school. I can't even remember if I saw the movie. The craze might have died out by then. I'm not sure. From the cards, there was a Robotech/Transformers parody one that I thought was both funny and cool. But I was also in grade school. So I was most likely quite stupid.
I love that he quotes both of our fixes to Rocks quote as well.

I continue to be delighted by Sunday Afternoon Horror Club (which as turned into Whenever We Are Both Free Horror Club).

We are currently halfway through Frankenhooker.

Key exchange:

"I want . . . all of those outfits."
"Yeah."
"You know when you find someone who really gets your style . . ."
"And they're all prostitutes from an early 90s movie?"

Though to be fair, we also lusted after the bold print brown jumpsuit worn by the fiance at the beginning.

I continue to be delighted by Sunday Afternoon Horror Club (which as turned into Whenever We Are Both Free Horror Club).

We are currently halfway through Frankenhooker.

Key exchange:

"I want . . . all of those outfits."
"Yeah."
"You know when you find someone who really gets your style . . ."
"And they're all prostitutes from an early 90s movie?"

Though to be fair, we also lusted after the bold print brown jumpsuit worn by the fiance at the beginning.
Ain't nothing wrong with that. Ngl, a lot of my recent viewing has been me admiring the fits in different movies and subsequently having to talk myself out of ill advised clothing purchases.

I have not always been successful at the latter.

Ain't nothing wrong with that. Ngl, a lot of my recent viewing has been me admiring the fits in different movies and subsequently having to talk myself out of ill advised clothing purchases.

I have not always been successful at the latter.
The brown jumpsuit Elisabeth wears at the beginning of Frankenhooker is so compellingly ugly. I don't buy new clothes very often, and I could certainly not wear it to work or out in the yard, but WANT. It's like it's so ugly, it has become self-aware and just owns itself. That kind of confidence is just *chef's kiss*.

I finally caught up with Ain't Them Bodies Saints only recently and saw A Ghost Story roughly in the year it came out. I think Malick's the usual comparison point I've been hearing. Though speaking of Eggers, I am excited for The Northman whatever year that comes out.
I haven’t seen ATBS yet, though I’ve heard “Malick” more than a few times when it’s come up.*

A Ghost Story is much more formally rigid than anything from Malick. Perhaps Tarkovsky?

The Old Man With A Gun certainly feels in keeping with the Arthur Penn and George Roy Hill flicks it seems to be homaging.

The Green King certainly has elements Lowery has used in the past and is possibly his most stylistically distinct, but had someone told me it was Eggers rather than Lowery, I wouldn’t have questioned it.

The Northman is among my most anticipated flicks. It combines two things I love: Vikings and Eggers. His penchant for anal retentive attention to historical detail and authenticity should make it something to remember.