Your favorite slashers

Tools    

You need to be using all of this expendable income on Blu ray versions of Slime City and Street Trash duhhhbbhhh

Or at least financing a search for an original copy of Eyes of Fire at the bottom of some dumpster in Mesopotamia

What the **** is wrong with you??????
And get this, I already owned all but Jason X and Jason Goes to Hell on Blu Ray already. It was a completely superfluous purchase.

You need to be using all of this expendable income on Blu ray versions of Slime City and Street Trash duhhhbbhhh
Sorry, what are you implying about Street Trash?!

A quick visit to the IMDb verifies that I gave it an 8/10, something I do not remember, but clearly felt sincere about at the time.

Sorry, what are you implying about Street Trash?!

A quick visit to the IMDb verifies that I gave it an 8/10, something I do not remember, but clearly felt sincere about at the time.

I'm implying that everyone should own Street Trash in its most pristine possible form.

A simple request for all humanity

Shrugs

Edit: Also Slime City. Humanity is helpless without both of them!

You’re the disease, and I’m the cure.
It'll take way too long to name them all.

For the record, I only consider a movie a slasher if a human is the villain. Not an animal/monster/ghost//etc.

Alice, Sweet Alice (1976)
Black Christmas (1974)
Deep Red (1975)
Halloween (1978)
High Tension (2003)
M (1931)
Psycho (1960)
Sleepaway Camp (1983)
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974)
Yes Haute tension love it so much, we really are in the minority.*

Halloween (1978)
Halloween II (2009) only the theatrical cut
Halloween 4
Psycho (Hitchcock)
Haute tension
TCM (original)
Black Xmas (1974)
Scream 1 and 2

I need to watch a lot of the classic slashers and I will be, sleep away camp although I know the ending is up next and perhaps terror train.

I need to watch a lot of the classic slashers and I will be, sleep away camp although I know the ending is up next and perhaps terror train.
Sleepaway Camp is, hands down, one of my favorite horror movies. I think it has layers and some really cool touches. None of which are good to discuss until after you see the whole thing (because you know part of the ending, but there are other shocking parts that most people don't already know going in).

Terror Train is really good.

Hot take: Freddy Vs. Jason is the best Friday the 13th film. It made Freddy cool again and gave Jason some of his best moments.

Hot take:: Nightmare on Elm Street 4 is better than the original. Part 2 is probably too. And the 3rd is the best one.

The original is definitely lots better than part 5 though. Youll never see me argue against that fact.

Let the night air cool you off
I love slashers and gialli. My list would be long.
Bumping this thread and responding to an 8 month old post to try to get your long list of slasher recommendations because the posters in this thread failed us and did not prod you into sharing.

Hopefully you see this.

I recently learned of this one, but don't think I've ever heard anyone mention it. Thoughts?
These were my brief thoughts about Just Before Dawn, @Captain Terror. I've only seen it the once though. Back in the old days I'd have seen this at least 4 or 5 times in the first month of discovering it because I really liked it.

Most of my favourites have been mentioned, but I'd like to point give a nod to Just Before Dawn. It's something I somehow missed in the early 80's (when it feels like I watched every horror film ever made) and only saw it about 5 years ago. Classic era US slasher but something which I think works really well but will feel very familiar to fans, even if you've never seen it before.