Where do you get your movies?

Tools    

There's no way you can compress files without losing quality or compromising somewhere. Otherwise 4k Blu Ray discs would not be 80GB - 100GB. They'd all be about 9GB.

It depends on what codecs you want and how satisfied you are with compromising audio etc.
The films I watch aren't Blu Ray and just have 2 channel audio. I use H.264 for the encoder.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H.264/MPEG-4_AVC

Probably won't see much difference on your setup then makes sense to compress.
Funny thing is after we talked, I checked a movie I did just compress and I could see a loss of quality with images being a tiny bit more softer. So I'm going to have to rethink my settings on Handbrake and see if I can improve on how I do it, I'm still learning and haven't got the full hang of it yet.

Funny thing is after we talked, I checked a movie I did just compress and I could see a loss of quality with images being a tiny bit more softer. So I'm going to have to rethink my settings on Handbrake and see if I can improve on how I do it, I'm still learning and haven't got the full hang of it yet.
Are there noise reductions on there these days? I always turn that off. Digital Noise reduction in films is terrible, grain is good.

Are there noise reductions on there these days? I always turn that off. Digital Noise reduction in films is terrible, grain is good.
On Handbrake there are a lot of custom filters for all sort of things, including Deblock (remove blockness from compression) and Denoise (removes noise and grain)...I haven't played with any of them yet, so I don't know much about them. I leave the filter tab set to default which is off.

I pretty much stream everything nowadays, with the occasional viewing of something from my collection.

My streaming options are Netflix, Prime, Hulu, Disney+, VUDU, and Tubi.

The trick is not minding
I stream mostly, from Amazon Prime, Netflix and Hulu. I’m looking to drop one (probably Netflix) and add Criterion.

I also am very fortunate to have a local rental with a very large collection in Hagerstown, literally 10 minutes from me. So on occasion, I’ve gone there.

With not much being released over 2020. Just the main platforms for me at the moment. I did stream the fourth kind yesterday tho... via some of those dodgy sources with 50000 ads placed everywhere.

Despite all of the VOD and streaming options out there, I find myself seeking out rare and/or used DVDs from eBay or sites like SwapADVD for movies that are not on the internet. Something about the extra effort required, scarcity, excitement in making a rare find, etc. makes the viewing experience more worthwhile.

These days I stream (Netflix, Prime, Tubi) or work through the pile of blind buys I'd accumulated over the years. Back when I was leaving the house with some regularity, there was a video rental store I would hit up once or twice a week.

Of course Netflix

Movie Forums Stage-Hand
Most reliable and trusted market place is amazon. So Always go for that.

Duplicate Account (locked)
Out of disappointment with Netflix, i've started to just watching things on Tubi and continue with the pirating. I would really love to try HBOMax but i've got bandwidth limitations.

I personally am upset by the loss of movie rentals. They overprice you, but it's a nice feeling to go to one of those stores.

Netflix is the best platform.