List some movies that are totally NOT funny

Tools    

I have a good answer: the Star Wars prequels. Is there anything in them that's intentionally funny or unintentionally funny? For the latter, maybe Anakin saying "I hate sand," but it's more sad than funny, really.

For comedies, The Hangover. Maybe except for a smirk at the Mike Tyson scene, I didn't laugh once. It basically sums up to "if you're a white male, you can get away with anything."
I happen to love The Hangover. You don't and that's cool, but I don't understand the criticism?

The truth is in here
For me its the Green Mile.
It's pretty dead serious, but I still remember some laughs being in it. American History X however...

My personal pick is Margot At The Wedding. It's the most aggressively unfunny movie I've ever seen. "Dark comedy" my ass, it's just a bunch of annoying ass-holes yelling at each other nonstop for 1 and a half hours in pretense of it being a really intense, gripping family drama. (Spoiler: It ****ing isn't.) By the end of the movie I felt exhausted, and while I did get to see humanity at its worst it wasn't the kind of demonstration that inspired any kind of intelligent thought. The only words in my head were "**** Margot and **** this movie."

I happen to love The Hangover. You don't and that's cool, but I don't understand the criticism?
I can't help but think about how they pay no consequences for their actions and we're supposed to not only be okay with it, but also think "oh, boys will be boys." I know that it's a comedy and I should just turn my brain off and enjoy it, but I can't help but think, "who do these jerks think they are?"

I can't help but think about how they pay no consequences for their actions and we're supposed to not only be okay with it, but also think "oh, boys will be boys." I know that it's a comedy and I should just turn my brain off and enjoy it, but I can't help but think, "who do these jerks think they are?"
I think I could live a million years and not think that thought, especially since it could apply to thousands of movies. It's an interesting point of view though.

Ten hours of Shoah and not one ****ing laugh.
Yeah, the humor was a little too borscht for my taste.

Welcome to the human race...
I don't know, I thought it was very funny. Granted not all of the time, but certainly enough for me to classify it as a dramedy. It's possible I'm misinterpreting too and the comedic bits just didn't work for you.
I figured the thread was meant to be about picking out comedies (or at least films with a deliberate sense of humour) that you personally don't find funny because otherwise people are going to just clog it up with obviously serious films like Shoah or Come and See.

The romcom movie Set it Up. I couldn't even finish the movie.

"How tall is King Kong ?"
I have a good answer: the Star Wars prequels. Is there anything in them that's intentionally funny or unintentionally funny? For the latter, maybe Anakin saying "I hate sand," but it's more sad than funny, really.

This past decade has been pretty poor when it comes to comedy films, with precious few that have been actually all that funny. It's easier to name the exceptions than it is to name all the ones that have been duds. The only ones that I would actually recommend to someone could probably count on 1 hand - and still probably have a finger or two to spare, sadly.
I think a big reason for the decline is due to the overly politically correct culture we are in nowadays. Most Producers don’t want to risk offending people and getting a bunch of unnecessary backlash from the public for releasing something “offensive”.

The same thing is happening in stand up comedy today.

Even look at some of the comedy movies that were released only 10 years ago and I don’t think they would put a lot of that same content in movies nowadays.

Welcome to the human race...
Probably doesn't help that the quote-unquote offensive comedies that are getting made these days tend to be pretty dire anyway - you can find stuff like Deadpool or Sausage Party unfunny anyway.

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
Two comedies I never understood why people like the humor of are Superbad and The Pineapple Express. The humor isn't good stupid, it's just stupid in a bad way, but people love them, so I am just not seeing the humor I guess .

Choosing my ten favorite movies would be like sophie's choice.
Which is definitely not a funny movie.