25th Hall of Fame

Tools    

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Just under 2 Weeks until the Deadline August 1st

@edarsenal has 3 films
@rauldc14 has 2 films
@rbrayer has 2 films
@ueno_station54 has 1 film
By the by, how about HOF 26 maybe Labor Day weekend? Looking for a cool host!

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
The Truth (Henri-Georges Clouzot, 1960)

The film mostly floats by on being casually entertaining and likeable (both the courtroom and the events being told) and I particularly enjoy that even though so much of the film is a story being told directly to the viewer there's a surprising amount of breathing room in the narrative, though perhaps that shouldn't be such a surprise given that was always been the biggest boon of 60's French films for me. On top of that its really wonderfully paced, there's a couple real lovely shots here and there and there's not really any dumb plot twists or reveals for me to roll my eyes at which I was worried about given the genre. Though the film is extremely solid throughout there's really only a couple borderline standout moments and its just not quite enough for me to consider it a "great" film.
I expected a far worse review from you. Quite the pleasant surprise to hear that it was solid.
NIIICE

Didn't 20-30% of the hall finish this in May? You can likely take nominations the next day
Yeah a lot of us finished way early this time.

I think Raul was hoping for a break before the 26th HoF starts...and that could work fine and give people a chance to catch their breath before the next big event.

A whole month after the 25th ends? Let's ask @SpelingError he said he wanted to host the 26th.
Yep, I'll be happy to host. I'm fine with putting it up whenever you guys want to.

Yeah a lot of us finished way early this time.

I think Raul was hoping for a break before the 26th HoF starts...and that could work fine and give people a chance to catch their breath before the next big event.
We don't have to, just seemed a decent idea

We don't have to, just seemed a decent idea
Cool. I could go for either starting the 26th right after the 25th or waiting awhile. Doesn't matter to me much, but I'm in of course and have a GREAT nom

I'm selling my house so I'm going to have to skip joining anything else until the very end of October. If I miss the next one, I'll catch the one after that.

Themroc

Basically one of the most ridiculous stories ever about a modern caveman who loves to annoy the hell out of his audience and neighbors. The man also likes boobies, wheelbarrows, and screaming as loud as humanly possible. Why are things like this nominated here? Will we ever get a HOF that doesn't have a film that most of us deem as unwatchable? It just seems like a thing nowadays.

Now I will say parts in the first half really had me chuckling but that second half was nearly unwatchable. In fact I had to stop it a few times just to take a breather from all the gibberish. Worst dialogue in film history. A waste of time basically. I wanted a more humorous review but it's not worth doing so. Won't waste time linking a picture either.

-

Themroc

Basically one of the most ridiculous stories ever about a modern caveman who loves to annoy the hell out of his audience and neighbors. The man also likes boobies, wheelbarrows, and screaming as loud as humanly possible. Why are things like this nominated here? Will we ever get a HOF that doesn't have a film that most of us deem as unwatchable? It just seems like a thing nowadays.

Now I will say parts in the first half really had me chuckling but that second half was nearly unwatchable. In fact I had to stop it a few times just to take a breather from all the gibberish. Worst dialogue in film history. A waste of time basically. I wanted a more humorous review but it's not worth doing so. Won't waste time linking a picture either.

-
That's me, but sadly since I'm selling my house, I just put my wheel barrel for sale on Craigslist last night.

That's me, but sadly since I'm selling my house, I just put my wheel barrel for sale on Craigslist last night.

Every man likes the boobies but he likes them more than anyone seen on screen. At least for so called real films.

I'll put the 26th HoF up on Labor Day weekend since everybody seems fine with that. That way, some of us will have a bit of a break before the next big HoF starts.