Will there be a Rio 3?

Tools    

I have watched the movies Rio and Rio 2 for quite some times now.
And I'm really wanting to see a Rio 3 come out.
So I have searched a lot on the internet for information and news to find out the release date of the movie.
Some articles said 2021, some said 2022.
However, some articles were outdates, some not serious.
And if that wasn't enough, Blue Sky Studios got closed by Disney.
So that makes me even more unsure if there will be a Rio 3 coming.
I have also posted a topic on moviemeter forums with that question.
But to my dissatisfaction, not a lot of answers were provided.
Just a moderator that replied with some hopeful answers that I could life sort of.
But I'm still wanting to know how the progress is going.
Do you know something I don't know?
Or could you help me with this?
Because I'm finding it boring to watch these movies till next part comes out.
But I'm not able to wait that long if I don't know anything about the progress so far.
Or if there is coming out any part 3 of the Rio films.
Big fan of the films and franchise, please help me out.

I'm sorry, I wasn't sure where to put it.

Would you know anything about this topic by any chance?

Nope, certainly would've mentioned something if I did. Honestly might as well just Google, if you don't find anything firm right away it's just because there isn't anything firm out there.

You ready? You look ready.
If Disney closed the studio that made it then there will probably never be a third. I doubt Disney will foot the bill given the poor earnings of the second movie.

I hear they might be doing a TV show, though.

If Disney closed the studio that made it then there will probably never be a third. I doubt Disney will foot the bill given the poor earnings of the second movie.

I hear they might be doing a TV show, though.
Second one made more than the first one. Not that it matters as far as potential for a sequel goes, but well.

You ready? You look ready.
Yeah, Disney likes to see growth. They can anything expensive that don’t make fistfuls of money. It’s why we will probably never see another Tron movie

I mean, last I heard they are making one and Jared Leto is in it…so it might as well just go ahead and bomb now

And now I'm listening to the Duran Duran song again. On repeat, no less.

And now I'm listening to the Duran Duran song again. On repeat, no less.
Why do we need another sequel when the Russell Mulcahy video exists? Just watch that **** on repeat, son.

Thanks for replying. What would be a good solution for me? Because I'm still hoping there will be a Rio 3 or something following on the Rio movies. I have seen some hopeful sources that say Disney might be doing a Rio 3 or something. But I'm also hearing bad news about this. What would be wise? Is there any posdibility to speak with Disney directly about this topic? Love to discuss this topic further, thanks for replying so far.

Facebook is excluded, it is a privacy nightmare. I care about my privacy.