Lets Talk Football

Tools    

Classless England fans booing the opposing National Anthem again.
Hope Italy absolutely thrash them now by way of return.

edit: Not going well at half-time, nicely taken early goal by Shaw though.

Ingerleerrnd!
Ingerleerrnd! Ingerleerrnd! Naa naaaaa!

But yeah... there always has been bad elements within Football Fandom.
Give proper fans a bad name and it's one of the reasons I've never really been interested in Football.

I'm watching this final though, simply because this current England team have been amazing.
First major final of any kind, for 55 years, and as an Englishman, I have to at least watch the game.

Disgraceful behavior by the England fans. They are sore losers. Beating up innocent Italian supporters? Disgusting.

Face it, England is not a top football nation…and haven’t been for many years. They were lucky to get as far as they did.

Booing the national anthem was absolutely classless.

Yeah my neighbours all took to the street at full time and were howling at the moon for 10 minutes or so.

Now there's cars in the next street over, pulling burnouts and screaming out their windows.

Hate penalties, feel sorry for the players that missed ..... but glad Italy won in the end, really could have gone either way.

Congrats Italy. Stoked that England didnt win - they were lucky to even be there and would've been even more insufferable than they already are, and stuick their 'football coming home' crap up their ass, lol.

Actually, football is going home - to Rome. :P

Congrats Italy. Stoked that England didnt win - they were lucky to even be there and would've been even more insufferable than they already are, and stuick their 'football coming home' crap up their ass, lol
It’s sad to hear a Scot so violently anti-English. It’s sad when nationalities hate each other. At least I think so.

It’s sad to hear a Scot so violently anti-English. It’s sad when nationalities hate each other. At least I think so.
I think you really have to live in a country that borders England to see why some people in those countries feel the way they do.

These were the front pages of the newspapers in my local supermarket yesterday (apart from the Herald one). I do not live in England. It is shoved down my throat. I am not English.

That's all before we get to the way their 'fans' behaved. They broke into their own stadium!

I think you really have to live in a country that borders England to see why some people in those countries feel the way they do.
So the Welsh hate English people too?

Society ennobler, last seen in Medici's Florence
I'm so sad that England lost this final in this ridiculous way.

What an irony, when they've had dream teams, back in 1990 and 1996, they couldn't reach a final but now, with these average footballers they did it.

These were the front pages of the newspapers in my local supermarket yesterday (apart from the Herald one). I do not live in England. It is shoved down my throat. I am not English.

That's all before we get to the way their 'fans' behaved. They broke into their own stadium!

Yet somehow, Scotland et al never quite leave. It is much easier to break things up than keep them together, what on Earth is the benefit of stoking division there?

So the Welsh hate English people too?
I don't speak for other people. And I don't hate anyone. But I abhor the media coverage that is slapped in our faces every day, and I am pretty sure that no other host nation would have broken into the stadium and rioted at their own final. Imagine being Canadian in Canada and everytime you turn on the news, it applies to the people in the country next door, not you.

That's why many in Wales and Scotland are campaigning for independence from the Union. People think the UK is England. That includes some people in England.

The lack of respect and common decency in English football fans / media is perhaps why the whole of Europe wanted Italy to win.

Yet somehow, Scotland et al never quite leave. It is much easier to break things up than keep them together, what on Earth is the benefit of stoking division there?
Scotland will be leaving soon. The ogre in no.10 has seen to that.

Scotland will be leaving soon. The ogre in no.10 has seen to that.
Hmm, that may be, yet we’ve heard it all before… I’m no particular fan of Mr Johnson, he’s way over his head, but he delivers what people want, take it up with the people.

I'm so sad that England lost this final in this ridiculous way.

What an irony, when they've had dream teams, back in 1990 and 1996, they couldn't reach a final but now, with these average footballers they did it.
“Average footballers”? Did we watch the same match?

Imagine being Canadian in Canada and everytime you turn on the news, it applies to the people in the country next door, not you.
I imagine that’s exactly the situation in Canada actually.