Movie You're Watching Tonight

Tools    

Not a movie but its what im watching
The twighlight zone the midnight sun

One month ago, the Earth suddenly changed its elliptical orbit and in doing so began to follow a path which gradually, moment by moment, day by day, took it closer to the sun.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x80ckkl

Mind you its going to be 112 degrees tomorrow

Then im going to try to find the one where the little space ship lands in a ladies attic.

Rewatching for the fifth time or something, Mark Rylance is indeed a marvelous actor, I don't know what's with Great Britain, the water there, maybe, but they produce the finest actors. A man who drives this car deserves all the praise. We're reminded sometimes of the "hidden" talents on the stages, the theaters, they mostly stay there.

3.10 to Yuma (2007)

I certainly appreciate its all-round brilliance and I love Bale. The film is beautiful, with all the ambiguity the word entails. But I find myself thinking I preferred The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford.

This was a strange experience. I feel like the film really packs a punch in its last 2/3s, much like Breaking Bad, but the opening section really doesn’t grip as much. Still a bit conflicted about it.

The Decline of Western Civilization (1981)
Personal Recommendation HoF IV
The Fear performance at the end slaps so hard.

"How tall is King Kong ?"
3.10 to Yuma
But I find myself thinking I preferred The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford.
I actually expected a comparison with the original 3:10. Any preference there, or not seen it yet ?

I actually expected a comparison with the original 3:10. Any preference there, or not seen it yet ?
Yeah, I’ve seen the old one, I definitely prefer the 2007 version. I think this kind of links back to what I wrote recently about me tending to connect more with the contemporary aesthetic when it comes to visuals. The old one is great too, no question there.

I mentioned TAJJBCRF because it’s probably the only western (if you don’t count There Will Be Blood) that’s ever impressed me as a film in its own right, without me thinking, There goes a western. But the 2007 3:10 definitely wins over the original, likely due to Crowe/Bale chemistry. Though I also think the concept of ‘honour’ is much harder to sell/ground for a contemporary audience.

Crowe was also very good indeed.

I don't know what's with Great Britain, the water there, maybe, but they produce the finest actors.
It’s the beer mate.

Powerful movie I’ve seen several times. @AgrippinaX, one for you.

3.10 to Yuma (2007)
Love this movie. Love Crowe - so handsome - until he became fat.

A Most Violent Year (2014)
Love this movie. Huge fan of both leads.

Such a weird sweet film.
Hate Moonstruck with a passion.

Oh thanks! I’ll check it out, looks up my street indeed.

Love this movie. Love Crowe - so handsome - until he became fat.
An emphatic “yes” to that, just what I thought as I watched it. He also really owns the character.

Hate Moonstruck with a passion.
I’ve only seen it once as a kid, that might be affecting my memory. Not intending to revisit.

Personal Recommendation HoF IV
Thanks, both, that’s my evening sorted.

Haven’t watched anything with Kate Dickie in a while, she was so good in Filth. Amasing actress.

This is exceptional.

So I just asked my friend if he saw Lucy and apparently he saw a lot of other movies from the same director (He remembered the director of the movies? who does that?...Names are hard! I know it's normal to know movie directors, but I can barely remember movie names), he mentioned:

The Professional (Léon) - He said something about young Natalie Portman, count me in
The Fifth Element - This one even I know it's a classic, I've seen references of it all the time
Wasabi - He told me he somehow watches this movie a lot, for no particular reason, so it intrigues me now, plus cute asian girl

I'm thinking about watching one of those, just not sure which one first. One might not be from the same director, these are the ones i wrote down, we might have probably went to a different topic half way after all.

Edit: Oh and Luca and Raya and the Last Dragon for animated movies

Haven’t watched anything with Kate Dickie in a while, she was so good in Filth. Amasing actress.

This is exceptional.
Had to wiki Filth. Yes, I saw it, but don’t recall a single scene. Should re-watch it.

Dickie was excellent in GOT though she did come to an alarming end.

Had to wiki Filth. Yes, I saw it, but don’t recall a single scene. Should re-watch it.

Dickie was excellent in GOT though she did come to an alarming end.
Indeed. Filth is an utterly peculiar film. I appreciate that’s a non-statement, but it really is, I’m not surprised you don’t remember it. I’m not sure you’ll like it, unless you’re a diehard Irvine Welsh fan, although you never know.

So many reputable people were in GOT when you come to think of it.