Movie You're Watching Tonight

Tools    

Very briefly, what is this about?
Stroszek is one of my favorite films. It became a little bit more known after the death of Ian Curtis from the Joy Division. Reports say he watched this film before he hanged himself.

It's a film about the two contrasts of the European (German) and the American culture trough the life of a street musician Bruno Stroszek.

The story
Bruno is released from jail (heavy drinking) and fond a old acquaintance of his, a woman which he loved. That woman, Eva, is a prostitute in the hands of two pimps that are aggressive towards her, one minute they discard her like trash, beat her, the other minute they want her back. Bruno is the guy that always opens the door. Because of the brutality, Bruno, Eva and a neighbor friend decide to move to America, Wisconsin to seek a better life. The culture shock begins...

The movie is also kind of biographic, since what is shown in the film is Bruno S life. Almost everything, or everything really he says about himself is actually true.

Gone, Baby Gone (2007)
(Rewatch)

Haven’t seen this in a very long time. Someone begged me this morning to write an article exploring “religious motifs” in this film, of which I remember very few. So, here I am.
Bull****ting time, I guess.

It's been a lot of time since I watched Gone, Baby Gone.
Yeah, I’m twenty minutes in, and guess what, there ain’t many religious motifs. Honestly, the stuff people come up with. But it’s a great film.

movies can be okay...
"A film has to be a dialogue, not a monologue — a dialogue to provoke in the viewer his own thoughts, his own feelings. And if a film is a dialogue, then it’s a good film; if it’s not a dialogue, it’s a bad film."
- Michael "Gloomy Old Fart" Haneke

Watching the Hateful Eight (again).

Probably my least favorite Tarantino film but still good. Run time is a bit long and probably too much dialogue, but I am a huge Tarantino fan.

Can’t wait for QT film # 10.

If this is crap, let me know. Never heard of it, but looks interesting so it’s now in my Netflix Q.

If this is crap, let me know. Never heard of it, but looks interesting so it’s now in my Netflix Q.
Duly noted. So far, it’s fine, nothing special, but not crap. Good visuals. I don’t think influencers can be made interesting, but the film gives it its best shot.

It’s an odd film, actually. Something about it is unpleasant. Which is not to say it’s crap, but that it has a nasty vibe (to me).

The movie is also kind of biographic, since what is shown in the film is Bruno S life. Almost everything, or everything really he says about himself is actually true.

I thought the movie was great but made me terribly sad from watching it havnt watched one like that in awhile, just the haphazard of life and being lost makes me feel things.

Was the movie "excluding the end obviously or maybe? i hope not" based on the actors life?

I thought the movie was great but made me terribly sad from watching it havnt watched one like that in awhile, just the haphazard of life and being lost makes me feel things.

Was the movie "excluding the end obviously or maybe? i hope not" based on the actors life?
It's not entirely based on the actor's life, he never came to America and fell in love with a prostitute, he was asexual according to him, maybe because of the life he lived. His mother was a prostitute and had him, neglected him, not feeding him, he developed problems, physical and mental problems and was putted away during the nazis in a mental institution, there he suffered all kinds of things, some which he talks in the movie. Herzog fond him in a factory working with a forklift, he decided to use him for the film, no one liked Bruno, they made fun of him, singing in the streets and patios, no one cared about him, and then Herzog makes a movie about him and all of the sudden he's more important now. When he went to Cannes, he started singing outside, they called the police thinking he was a beggar and he went to jail, they didn't know he was the main character in the movie. He belonged to a movement called no-art. He was an artist, musician, painter, poet... and had problems, like most of them do.

The ending was all Herzog's, no one liked it back then, all his crew went away and he had to do it all himself. He later said was the best scene he ever filmed. It's a depressing scene, we are the chicken always dancing to the music, slaves of our patterns and how they say we must act, this was in my opinion the director's view. Bruno's death was like saying why people choose to commit suicide, or is even darker, that people should commit in such conditions.