Coronavirus

Tools    

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Isn't it that one dose gives you no protection whatsoever and you need two to really be safe?
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

The only places I've been that require masks are medical facilities but I'm still seeing a lot of people wearing them elsewhere. Getting my 2nd shot tomorrow and I'm going to take a sick day Tuesday. Partly because the 1st dose affected me a decent amount and partly because I haven't called in sick in over 20 years.

The only places I've been that require masks are medical facilities but I'm still seeing a lot of people wearing them elsewhere. Getting my 2nd shot tomorrow and I'm going to take a sick day Tuesday. Partly because the 1st dose affected me a decent amount and partly because I haven't called in sick in over 20 years.
I had the second shot, Moderna a couple weeks ago. First shot no problem, the second one wiped me out!

My first shot (Pfizer) gave me a really sore arm for a day, second shot no problem at all. Drank plenty of water (like gbg advised me) both before and after the second shot.

Duplicate Account (locked)
My first Pfizer shot really hurt my arm: the second shot made me sick and gave a few coronavirus symptoms.

Lol...the absurdity of the whole situation...

Our priest at mass yesterday said we no longer need to wear masks in church. Nice of him, but I’m keeping mine on.

I predicted a long time ago when I started this thread that The New York Times would win a Pulitzer Prize for its coverage of COVID-19. I was right & they just won the highest Pulitzer Prize of all.

Without scrolling the entire thread, has anyone here had the Coronavirus?

My immediate family has been blessed, so far. *Knock on wood!!!* My brother and sister-in-law in Florida both had it. My niece and my other nieces daughter, my 2nd neice both had it. Two of them needed the medicine, but none of them had to be hospitalized. My brother told me that as long as you stayed active and kept getting that stuff out of your chest and such, you should be all right. Of course that depended on which strain and how severe that specific coronavirus case was. They were lucky. On the other side of my family, we had an aunt and uncle in California that both caught it. My uncle didn't need to go to the hospital. He didn't even need the medicine. His wife on the other hand, was in intensive care for quite a while. She was put in a room, but then something went wrong and they had to move her back to intensive care. She died a very few days later. A part of the problem was more than likely her age. All of this happened early last year. I wish the shots had been going on a little quicker for her and that she would have been able to handle them with little to no problems.

I hope things have been going okay here and there.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Without scrolling the entire thread, has anyone here had the Coronavirus?

My immediate family has been blessed, so far. *Knock on wood!!!* My brother and sister-in-law in Florida both had it. My niece and my other nieces daughter, my 2nd neice both had it. Two of them needed the medicine, but none of them had to be hospitalized. My brother told me that as long as you stayed active and kept getting that stuff out of your chest and such, you should be all right. Of course that depended on which strain and how severe that specific coronavirus case was. They were lucky. On the other side of my family, we had an aunt and uncle in California that both caught it. My uncle didn't need to go to the hospital. He didn't even need the medicine. His wife on the other hand, was in intensive care for quite a while. She was put in a room, but then something went wrong and they had to move her back to intensive care. She died a very few days later. A part of the problem was more than likely her age. All of this happened early last year. I wish the shots had been going on a little quicker for her and that she would have been able to handle them with little to no problems.

I hope things have been going okay here and there.

Welcome back @Ðèstîñy. It sounds like you and your family have had a rough time with Covid. I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it will start getting better now that the vaccines are available.

Hubby's brother had COVID-19 Pneumonia, and he was in the hospital, but he made it through, and he seems to be doing okay now. He was the only family member who had Covid, but a few of Hubby's coworkers tested positive, but none of them had it too bad. They just had to quarantine for a couple of weeks, and then they were back at work.

I also know that at least 5 people in my co-op died from Covid. It's sad, but it wasn't too surprising because most of my neighbors weren't wearing masks and/or social distancing. When the lockdown started last year back in March, they acted like they were all on vacations. They were outside having barbecues, and hanging out together like it was a party. It got so bad here that the co-op office had to send out letters to everyone reminding them to stay inside and social distance.

I also know that at least 5 people in my co-op died from Covid. It's sad, but it wasn't too surprising because most of my neighbors weren't wearing masks and/or social distancing. When the lockdown started last year back in March, they acted like they were all on vacations. They were outside having barbecues, and hanging out together like it was a party. It got so bad here that the co-op office had to send out letters to everyone reminding them to stay inside and social distance.
Man, that’s very scary as you’re all in the same building.

How old were the people who died?

It's all been a mess. You would have thought it would have scared the bulk of the people around us, but even last year during Spring break, most people decided they were going to go on their vacation anyways. A lot of people headed down to Florida and I immediately started worrying about my brother and other family members. One of the worst things out of this, were all the people that went to Covid parties, trying their best to catch it. If people want to be that stupid, then fine, but try to remember that you're still going to affect the other people around you. There were videos of them online, doing things like sharing drinks with the sick people and other things that you do not want me to tell you about. I'm sure some of you saw them, anyways. Repulsive!!!

Man, that’s very scary as you’re all in the same building.

How old were the people who died?

The co-op I live in isn't one large apartment building. It's all attached houses over several blocks in a small community. It would have been easy to social distance if they wanted to, but I guess some people just seem to think that they're immune.

The people who died were all adults at least 50 years old. I didn't know all of them, but I know some of their relatives. I saw police and ambulances here several times. I thought that people would have learned to wear masks and social distance after the first death, but unfortunately some people just never learn.

It's all been a mess. You would have thought it would have scared the bulk of the people around us, but even last year during Spring break, most people decided they were going to go on their vacation anyways. A lot of people headed down to Florida and I immediately started worrying about my brother and other family members. One of the worst things out of this, were all the people that went to Covid parties, trying their best to catch it. If people want to be that stupid, then fine, but try to remember that you're still going to affect the other people around you. There were videos of them online, doing things like sharing drinks with the sick people and other things that you do not want me to tell you about. I'm sure some of you saw them, anyways. Repulsive!!!

I read way too many stories about young people who went to Florida for Spring Break and/or Covid parties. I didn't think there were that many stupid people, but I guess I was wrong.

I remember reading one story about a teenager, (I think he was from Connecticut), who went to Spring Break, and when he came home, his father refused to let him back in the house. His father had told him not to go, but he went anyway. The teenager's grandparents lived in the house, and the father refused to take a chance that the teen could bring the virus into the house.

Duplicate Account (locked)
The trust about the situation (which none of the authorities want you to know about) is that COVID is here to stay forever. They would do us a service by chilling out and burning down their own gubernatorial institutions.

and it didn't. Basically nearly all restrictions are coming to an end here in England on the 19th including mask wearing and 1-2 metre distancing...

and it didn't. Basically nearly all restrictions are coming to an end here in England on the 19th including mask wearing and 1-2 metre distancing...

Yeah, just read this in the NY Times.

California's basically gone to some stupid honor system where they ask that people maintain distance, but only unvaccinated people have to wear masks except in some places like hospitals/doctor's office where masks are required. Of course, they're just taking the word of maskless people that they've been vaccinated.

I'm fully vaccinated but I've been continuing to wear my mask at work and whenever I go anywhere. I have no intention of stopping anytime soon.