Watching Movies Alone with crumbsroom

Tools    

Oh man, I remember stumbling across this on TV back in high school and howling. Haven't thought about it for years, but would love to give it another viewing.
My friend and I had it memorized circa 8th Grade. Which is a weird thing for two 14-year-olds in 1985 to memorize; I wasn't even listening to the Beatles at the time.

Even now I use the phrase "rodently chewed" more often than the average person.

This filled me with agony.

Fix this.

I'm in agony.
Would you say you need my...
Help?

I wasn't even listening to the Beatles at the time.
This seems so bizarre to me, because it's filled with inside jokes for fans. I can't imagine it without that context. I wouldn't think much of the songs if I didn't know them as spot-on parodies. John Belushi as Allen Klein is a stroke of genius

There's a newer copy on youtube for those who haven't seen it.

Eric Idle once said that McCartney was pleasant and polite about the film, but Idle also felt that Paul seemed to side-eye him a lot afterward. Sure. It is a disturbingly accurate caricature after all.

I can't say I'm a big fan of Help. It's OK, I guess. I'm not sure if it ever made me laugh. Also, the album has some of their most boring stuff, "I Need You", "Another Girl", "Night Before". At least they had the good taste to keep "You Like Me Too Much" out of the film.

This seems so bizarre to me, because it's filled with inside jokes for fans. I can't imagine it without that context.
My mom was an OG Beatlemaniac so I was raised on the stuff. I'm sure I understood most of the references a tween would get. I only meant I wasn't considering myself a fan yet.

Q: So, Mausoleum can't possibly maintain the high quality of its opening ten minutes, can it?

A: Not looking like it.
That was a big letdown for me. One day I'll learn that awesome poster does not equal awesome movie. Just kidding, I'll never learn that.

That was a big letdown for me. One day I'll learn that awesome poster does not equal awesome movie. Just kidding, I'll never learn that.

I've so far collected another 35 to 45 seconds of great stuff from this one.

Can't complain. That's no so bad. Might be slim pickings, but for the odd brief moment I fall in love with it.

Low hanging stools!

Menacing shadows in pursuit of gardening.

Menacing shadows in pursuit of gardening.

There's a great album title and cover.

Victim of The Night
Q: So, Mausoleum can't possibly maintain the high quality of its opening ten minutes, can it?

A: Not looking like it.
Oh, I ended up really enjoying that movie.
Certainly the opening is a highlight and then it feels like there's a letdown but honestly the movie is so crazy in that unintentionally silly 80s way that it just won me over completely.
It's one of my favorite write-ups I ever did. On a forum that no longer exists. Sigh.

Oh, I ended up really enjoying that movie.
Certainly the opening is a highlight and then it feels like there's a letdown but honestly the movie is so crazy in that unintentionally silly 80s way that it just won me over completely.
It's one of my favorite write-ups I ever did. On a forum that no longer exists. Sigh.

Its alot of fun for those who like 80s demonic excess done really badly. A more honest rating would be a 7/10, but after a few dry patches, the fun level for me was close to a ten.

And Mausoleum would make such a wonderful companion piece to its transcendent embrace of all the worst/best 80s impulses.
You're basically a glorified salesman for Vinegar Syndrome at this point.

Glorified=unpaid

You're basically a glorified salesman for Vinegar Syndrome at this point.

Glorified=unpaid

Unpaid is my middle name.

FTR it's on Tubi as well as Shudder, not that this will do anything to scratch your collectibles itch.