MoFo Fantasy Baseball 2021 - Regular Season

Tools    

The trick is not minding
Pitt actually has fielded some good teams previously, and even have won 5 World Series, although it hasn’t since 1979. Many teams go through droughts, however.

Seattle? Now that’s a different story. There was once a time, in the late 90’s, where they fielded a great team that failed to advance past the Conference championships. The Yankees had something to do either that of course.

Then all of their great players left. ARod. Randy. Griffey Jr.

I believe they are the only team in MLB to have not played in the WS.

Yeah, I may have been a little hard on the Pirates. I don't even know their history that well. I can print a retraction if neccessary.

I feel like I knew the Pirates had won a title or two. But 5? You are correct. The M's have never even been to the world series. Now I feel silly for even mentioning the Pirates with them. Maybe I Should have gone with the Brewers?

The trick is not minding
I feel like I knew the Pirates had won a title or two. But 5? You are correct. The M's have never even been to the world series. Now I feel silly for even mentioning the Pirates with them. Maybe I Should have gone with the Brewers?
Brewers, yes. I’d agree with that as well haha. Only one WS appearance back in the early 80’s as I recall?

A system of cells interlinked
OK then...let's see if Mondesi can stay active for more than a week this time...

For the record, you can't say anything about the Pirates that would upset me. They've been extremely bad, and at this point I want them too be. They should spent the next two years stockpiling talent. So far, so good.

By the by, no timetable for Bregman, decent chance the absence is prolonged at this point. Whatareyougonnado. You can weather short-term injuries easily, or lots of injuries to mid-tier guys, but when superstars go out for months on end you just gotta eat it.

A system of cells interlinked
You can weather short-term injuries easily, or lots of injuries to mid-tier guys, but when superstars go out for months on end you just gotta eat it.
My Mondesi Sandwich is no bueno...

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Brewers, yes. I’d agree with that as well haha. Only one WS appearance back in the early 80’s as I recall?
Brewers are definitely a joke of a franchise. Mariners East, if you will.

Oh, I forgot the only thing worse than losing a stud: having them play terribly for months on end outta nowhere, since you have to keep running them out there anyway.

Oh, I forgot the only thing worse than losing a stud: having them play terribly for months on end outta nowhere, since you have to keep running them out there anyway.
Like me with Yelich

Like me with Yelich
I was actually targetting him in the draft. I thought for sure you nabbed a gold mine there.

I was actually targetting him in the draft. I thought for sure you nabbed a gold mine there.
Bo Bichette should have been the pick. Easy to say now

Guys and especially you Chris I don't want to be a Jerk but that trade is a little one sided. Just a bit outside should be getting a top 20 player in return. This is just my opinion. Nothing personal but I don't agree with this trade.

This is just always gonna happen, huh?

FYI, I didn't even make this offer. And note that "which player would I prefer?" is not the right posture. The right posture is to glance at the standings and see that the guy getting the hitter is bottom two in every offensive category but one and first in ERA and WHIP.

I could give you some stuff about Woodruff clearly outpitching his peripherals, too, but I'm not going to bother. I know from experience there's literally no evidence I can provide to supersede whatever gut-level, in-a-vacuum reaction people have.

I forget which trade it was, but there was one where two guys were ranked almost identically by expert consensus, and people complained anyway. There was one where people complained based on draft position, then another where they complained the other way because someone had outperformed their draft position. And that's without getting into the idea that maybe, gasp, people value players differently sometimes. So, sorry, not to be a jerk either, but I'm over it.

Chris I get your stance but you are the commissioner and I am part of the league. I am aloud to voice my opinion.(Not saying your opposed to me sharing my opion) I don't complain much so "I'm over it" thing does not work for me. Obviously if it was offered to you I understand why you would be like inclined to accept. I looked and saw prior to the message that JABO is in bottom 3 for all offensive categories. I get what he is going for but he is making wild gamble because at this point things are out if reach. I'm just saying it is just not good for the league that you are getting serious bump to your team almost guaranteed and JABO is playing hunch. And I'm sorry I said "especially you Chris" because that actually does sound personal. Poor choice of words. It could have been any team. It's a numbers thing pure and simple. I'm not asking you to cancel the trade unless the rest of the league agreed to but I am not baseless in my argument. Thanks and I hope you are not upset at me for sharing my opinion.

You can obviously voice your opinion, and I don't consider the commissioner to have the power to penalize you for that unless it crosses some basic threshold of decorum or sportsmanship.

The only thing I'm upset about, I described above: the contradictory (at least in aggregate) and sometimes reflexive reactions people have. And the confirmation bias where a trade doesn't turn out like they expect, and they just sort of forget the next time.

I'm happy to explain why I don't think it's some wild gamble, but as I mentioned, it hasn't been my experience that that kind of evidence matters to anyone. Maybe you're the exception, I don't know.

Honestly the best policy if someone doesn't think a trade balanced, or just not good for their own teams best interest if one of the recipients that will benefit is a close competitor in the rankings, is to just cast their veto vote and be done with it. No need to discuss it, the decision isnt personal, or even need to be justified. Its part of the game. Theres still so many variables that WILL occur before a baseball seasons end, who knows if this "certain benefit" will truly be. I cant count how many Sure Thing type trades blew up in my face.