Name the Actress

Tools    

Melina Mercouri

Would it be Anouk Aimee?

Have no idea who that is, but can I go out on a limb and say that she's not American?
Correct.

Would it be Anouk Aimee?
Wow, it sure is even I wouldn’t have known this.

I'm positive I just seen her in a western that I watched tonight, Southwest Passage with John Ireland and JoAnn Dru.
Good guess but afraid not. Certainly a remarkable resemblance.

I'll be curious to find out who it is.
I think you'd appreciate some of her films. I'll make a couple of recommendations at the end of this segment.

For the benefit of everyone trying to guess the problem, an essential hint now: She's not American. Nor was she famous for making films in the U.S.A.

I think you'd appreciate some of her films. I'll make a couple of recommendations at the end of this segment.

For the benefit of everyone trying to guess the problem, an essential hint now: She's not American. Nor was she famous for making films in the U.S.A.
Looks like a Brit, but no clue who she is.

English actress Muriel Pavlow
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muriel_Pavlow

Couple of good films of hers to see would be Reach For The Sky (1956). An amazing and inspiring true story, and one of the best British films of the 1950s. Muriel Pavlow was determined to play the part that she did (the wife of Douglas Bader), and ultimately considered it her best work in films. And also Rooney (1958), a charming comedy film.

OPEN FLOOR

English actress Muriel Pavlow
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muriel_Pavlow

Couple of good films of hers to see would be Reach For The Sky (1956). An amazing and inspiring true story, and one of the best British films of the 1950s. Muriel Pavlow was determined to play the part that she did (the wife of Douglas Bader), and ultimately considered it her best work in films. And also Rooney (1958), a charming comedy film.

OPEN FLOOR
I never heard of her, she was pretty. I'll post one in a minute.