Watching Movies Alone with crumbsroom

Tools    

All these feelings.

Victim of The Night
In a fit of deeply dysfunctional musical venting.....

Let It Be > Abbey Road

I haven't held this opinion for very long. In fact I just stumbled upon it. But I think it holds up.
Um, wut?

Look, dude, Let It Be is actually excellent, "Dig A Pony" is a backbreaker of a song, and people, including that dick-wad John Lennon, who don't appreciate it are fools.
But let's not get carried away.

Victim of The Night
Am I on record that I don't like Come Together?

If it was some kind of sorta overlooked song like "I'm So Tired", and it was on side four of The White Lbum, I'd probably enjoy talking about how it is one of the great forgotten Beatles songs. But when thinking about their best stuff, and it shows up, merp, nope

Don't Pass Me By > Come Together
Ringo's drums on "Come Together", alone, are better than 70% of the rest of the Beatles catalogue.

"Dig A Pony" is a backbreaker of a song, and people, including that dick-wad John Lennon, who don't appreciate it are fools.
Lennon seemed to enjoy singing it. I don't think he disliked it. It's one of the great secret Beatle anthems, and lobbing off the vocals on the opening and ending riffs is one of the better Spector decisions.

I've been dabbling in these recent classic rock box sets. I'm not a fan of the format of the John Lennon/Plastic Ono Band one, where most of the discs are sequenced like the original album. I wish they had done it chronologically, like the recent Beatle sets. The "evolution" disc is probably best because it has a lot of fly-on-the-wall studio stuff. My fave is this brief glimpse, and I wish, against the objections of many I'm sure, that they had melded the concurrent Yoko LP (which is actually quite good) into the fold.

The Who Sell Out set is great, but expensive. Lots of nitty little mixes and more organized than the previous "deluxe" edition. My only comlaint is that, for some reason, on the disc of Townshend demos, it didn't include his home recording of "Dogs", which I think is preferable to the band version. Not his best song, but better than, I dunno, "Odorono" maybe.

I'm pretty sure Maple Leaf fans are in the running for the worst sports franchise fans anywhere in the world. And this has been lethally coupled with one of the most pathetically reactionary sports sections in the world (Toronto Sun). And then, once you factor in 40 years of the Leafs being one of the consistently worst big market teams in the world, it becomes a horribly toxic condition.
I see your Maple Leaf fans and raise you any fan group from Philadelphia.

I'm not a big music person, but I did drop like 100 CAD on an I Spit On Your Grave box set recently.

Why?

I don't even like the movie that much.

I blame the pandemic.

*shakes head*

I'm not a big music person, but I did drop like 100 CAD on an I Spit On Your Grave box set recently.

Why?

I don't even like the movie that much.

I blame the pandemic.

*shakes head*
Is it the set that includes the recent sequel, and if so have you watched it? It can't be good, right?

Is it the set that includes the recent sequel, and if so have you watched it? It can't be good, right?
I haven't watched it yet. It's like over two hours as well. Why?

I'll just let the box sit there, as a monument to my bad financial decisions.

At least the posters look nice.

Yeah but think of how impressed your visitors will be by your I Spit On Your Grave refrigerator magnets. Especially your lady visitors.
I will leave those on the fridge as a monument to my shame and grocery list.

*laughs at Rock whilst caressing the Steam Factory Blu-ray boxed set of the Friday the 13th series*

And I already owned the franchise on Blu-ray for a fraction of the cost!

*laughs at Rock whilst caressing the Steam Factory Blu-ray boxed set of the Friday the 13th series*

And I already owned the franchise on Blu-ray for a fraction of the cost!
Dude, what did you pick up during the VS sale?

Dude, what did you pick up during the VS sale?
Given that my house is still currently in shambles and I’m having to be more cautious (I’d also just gotten the Dawn of the Dead and Django 4K), I only got the 4K of Beastmaster and Night Train to Terror. I ALMOST bought Deadly Games 4K but chickened out.