Gorgeous gore?

Tools    

I don’t know, basically, Saw is not particularly sophisticated to my mind. As Hannibal shows, there’s no reason why gore can’t be polished and sophisticated.

That said, I’ve got nothing against Saw or Hostel, for that matter. They’re fine things for what they are, but gorgeous they are not.

I don’t know, basically, Saw is not particularly sophisticated to my mind. As Hannibal shows, there’s no reason why gore can’t be polished and sophisticated.

That said, I’ve got nothing against Saw or Hostel, for that matter. They’re fine things for what they are, but gorgeous they are not.
oh i see

crass
/kras/

Adjective: lacking sensitivity, refinement, or intelligence.

I, for one, have not forgot about you, David Cronenberg.

The Cook, The Thief, His Wife, and Her Lover, The Devils

I have a great respect for both of these, but even The Devils isn’t really gore to me, let alone the former.

That only means you have more guts than I do. I saw the second when I was ten, and remain afraid of it.

The Descent (2005)

Probably not a popular opinion, but I love the CGI blood in Takeshi Kitano's Zatoichi movie. It's a fanciful movie, so it calls for fanciful gore.

Probably not a popular opinion, but I love the CGI blood in Takeshi Kitano's Zatoichi movie. It's a fanciful movie, so it calls for fanciful gore.
Am yet to explore that so thanks for flagging.

Unregistered User

I'll second this. Excellent film also.

It's not a film, but the now-ended NBC show Hannibal is the single-best example of this I can think of, and to be honest, whatever I'd put in second would probably be a long ways behind it.

WARNING: "Hannibal" spoilers below

(Not really a big spoiler, just one of the victim tableaus.)

It's on Netflix.
Just finished it again. @Yoda, a huge thank you for reminding me about it, I love every minute. Actually find myself wondering if I don’t prefer the ending to the Breaking Bad ending, which is just blasphemy.