IMDB - is old version available?

Tools    

I dislike the new page version. It's awkward and poorly arranged. The white fonts on black background is hard to read. Is there any way to use the old version? I suppose they've suspended it. Things always have to change, don't they?

The new IMDB movie pages is horrible. HUGE font and images, I have to reduce my screen zoom size which then makes the rest of the IMDB pages like trivia look really small.

The new IMDB movie pages is horrible. HUGE font and images, I have to reduce my screen zoom size which then makes the rest of the IMDB pages like trivia look really small.
i agree i miss the old version of it

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Things always have to change, don't they?

Maybe if it wasn't functional... This new IMDB is slower and just dumb on every level.

"First they came for the message boards. Then they came for the layout, but then there were no members left"

I haven't tried it yet, but according to some if you go into your account settings and change the view to "reference view" you'll get the old design. It's under preferences/content settings.

I think it's available as they transition, but eventually they'll dump the old version.

Have you gravitated to a new movie database, like Rotten Tomatoes, or another? I'm wondering which one is decent.

Have you gravitated to a new movie database, like Rotten Tomatoes, or another? I'm wondering which one is decent.
I always liked IMDB movie pages because they gave so much wealth of information...trivia, filming location, awards, reviews, tech specs, full cast...I don't think any site can replace IMDB's movie pages. So...I'm trying to adjust the page myself to make it usable again. I'll post back with my results.

Yeah, I don't like it either, but worth noting that the time just after a change to a familiar thing is always the worst. It will never be worse for you/us than it is now, because there's no familiarity. As familiarity increases it'll get better. Doesn't mean it'll be good, or even an improvement, but relatively speaking this is the usability nadir for anyone used to the old layout.

Is this a good time to say I still have the old format showing for me by default?

Don’t see any difference in IMDb.com. Looks the same to me as it did before.

Has anybody looked at the new IMDB movie pages on both mobile and PC? I'm wondering if it looks better on mobile as it seems to have been styled for mobile phones.
On my iPad, it hasn’t changed at all.

On my iPad, it hasn’t changed at all.
It will change eventually. Sometimes I get the old movie page style, then sometimes I get the new. The new page is unusable to me.

This is what it looks like on my computer...talk about a LOT of scrolling, it's one really long page.

I always liked IMDB movie pages because they gave so much wealth of information...trivia, filming location, awards, reviews, tech specs, full cast...I don't think any site can replace IMDB's movie pages. So...I'm trying to adjust the page myself to make it usable again. I'll post back with my results.
TMDB isn't awful, although it's not a whole bunch different than is the new version of IMDB.

I like Wikipedia for the plots/stories, but I generally depended upon IMDB for the ratings and the content advisory.

Hey I fixed IMDB!!! At least for myself, but anyone can do this. Take a look at my post up there with the screen shot of IMDB's new page version of The Last Goodbye. NOW, here's what that same page looks like after I blocked a bunch of useless crap, using Ublock Origin and it's built in element blocker.

Look how much cleaner that is and you can still see the photos, awards, etc by clicking the All Topics link on top right side of page.

Here's how BlacKKKlansman looks after my new settings, which are global for IMDB and so work on other of their movie pages. BUT sometimes new stuff/elements pop up on other of their movie pages. Still a big improvement IMO.

Count me in, I hate it too...it takes way too long to find certain information about a film, not mention the cast list/photos are all about four pages long.