What are your favorite low-budget films?

Tools    

Darren Aronofsky's Pi is the first one that comes to mind. Introduction bias may factor into this, but it's still my favorite movie by him.

I think the blair witch project was really good considering that they only seemed to have actors, tent, camera, and other very simple materials.

Yet, I'm sure someone has outdone them by now. What do you think?

Can you put an amount on low budget. Some might think 10-20 million budget. We have discussed this before with a price tag of four or five million.

Monty Python and the Holy Grail (hands down)

Mad Max

Relatively low budget

Star Trek II
The Terminator

Darren Aronofsky's Pi is the first one that comes to mind. Introduction bias may factor into this, but it's still my favorite movie by him.
Huge respect for that opinion

It used to be my favorite Aronofsky film as well until I rewatched Requiem for a Dream last October.

Stay Tuned (1992) - A husband and wife are sucked into a hellish television set and have to survive a gauntlet of twisted versions of shows they find themselves in.

I forgot the opening line.
The Death of Mr. Lazarescu - (2005) - Don't know why I haven't brought this up in relation to best foreign language films yet.

The Evil Dead - (1981) - This might be a cheap horror movie but look closer at everything and you'll find it's one of the greatest films ever made. I'm standing by that.

The Blair Witch Project - (1999) - You either love it or you hate it.

Eraserhead - (1977) - I could watch this film every day and feel like I'm in heaven.

Victim of The Night
Class of Nuke 'Em High
I gotta say, I watched this last year during the Pandemic (for my Halfway To Halloween, I think) for the first time since I was a teenager (literally 30+ years ago)... and I enjoyed the hell out of it. Really thought it was exactly what I love about these silly things.

I gotta say, I watched this last year during the Pandemic (for my Halfway To Halloween, I think) for the first time since I was a teenager (literally 30+ years ago)... and I enjoyed the hell out of it. Really thought it was exactly what I love about these silly things.

I don't know what it is about the classic Trauma movies, but outside of Toxic Avenger, I'm kind of average on them. They feel a little too calculated, maybe. I did watch Nuke Em about ten times in jr high though, but that was probably mostly because my 13 year old brain was in love with Janelle Brady. I should probably watch it with an adult brain eventually though

DING DING DING

There are probably plenty of low budget movies I like or love, but this is the one where I think its low budget is most essential to the qualities that endear me to it.

Victim of The Night
I don't know what it is about the classic Trauma movies, but outside of Toxic Avenger, I'm kind of average on them. They feel a little too calculated, maybe. I did watch Nuke Em about ten times in jr high though, but that was probably mostly because my 13 year old brain was in love with Janelle Brady. I should probably watch it with an adult brain eventually though
I did not expect to enjoy it (like you having not watched it since my teenage years) but I did.

Freaks