Movies that people would be surprised you own

Tools    

What are movies you own on dvd or blu-ray that people would be surprised that you own them? You might be surprised that I own:

the Twilight movies
the Fifty Shades of Grey movies
The Smurfs
the Fast and the Furious box set

Good thread idea! I wish I could list something but all the dvds/blurays I own (and I don't have many) are just what people would expect I'd own. So none of this for me

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
What are movies you own on dvd or blu-ray that people would be surprised that you own them?

Do these have to be movies that I've seen, or can they be movies that I bought, but I haven't watched yet, or in some cases, movies that I've seen, but I don't like?

For example, I own most of the Fast and the Furious and the Mission Impossible movies on DVD, but I haven't watched any of them yet.

I also own a Quentin Tarantino box set, but I only bought it because it was cheap, and I watched a few of the movies for either HoFs or MoFo countdowns, but I'm not a Quentin Tarantino fan.

I have some, but I always watch movies online or go to the cinema.

I have a few dvd I bought to share with a gf, she passed and I'll never watch them but can't just toss them out

I'm trying to think of some movies that I have that people would be surprised by...but I can't think of any. I tend to collect movie genres that I like. Let's see if anybody is surprised that I have these little known gems?

The Man with Bogart's Face (1980)
Drag Racer (1971)
A Nightingale Sang in Berkeley Square (1979)

My DVD collection is 99.9% unsurprising and on-brand.

However, I am frequently surprised to remember that I own a copy of the Lifetime movie Taken in Broad Daylight. I watched half of it while babysitting in grad school and had to stop watching it because the parents arrived home. I always wanted to know how it ended and it was never streaming anywhere. Found it on DVD for like $5 and bought it. Now I'm weirdly nostalgic about it, even though I never watch it.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
The Pianist (2002)
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

A box set of WW II "classics". It includes movies like Anzio, Fury and The Guns of Navarone. Generally nobody expects ME to be watching old war movies, but now and again, I do.

A box set of WW II "classics". It includes movies like Anzio, Fury and The Guns of Navarone. Generally nobody expects ME to be watching old war movies, but now and again, I do.
You're right, I wouldn't expect you to own those Those are three medicore movies and I know from your posting on the board that you have some really good taste in movies. Do you like those movies or just own them?

I think my husband would be very surprised that I own movies like A Serbian Film, Sàlo, The Devils, Nymphomaniacs I & II, etc.

He was horrified by Reservoir Dogs & only watched a bit of it though it’s one of my favorite movies.

At the risk of making Minio's normie sense tingle: Big Trouble in Little China, Flight of the Navigator and The Goonies. '80s cheese is my bread and butter.

You're right, I wouldn't expect you to own those Those are three medicore movies and I know from your posting on the board that you have some really good taste in movies. Do you like those movies or just own them?
They were a cheap box set in Big Lots, about 10 movies for $8. It seemed hard to lose for that price. I did like Fury and it seemed like my DVD shelf was slim on war movies. That same shelf has a bunch of box sets with like 50 "classic" horror movies for $15, or 50 noir films, sci-fi, etc. War seemed to be coming up short.

They were a cheap box set in Big Lots, about 10 movies for $8. It seemed hard to lose for that price. I did like Fury and it seemed like my DVD shelf was slim on war movies. That same shelf has a bunch of box sets with like 50 "classic" horror movies for $15, or 50 noir films, sci-fi, etc. War seemed to be coming up short.
Totally cool. Those 50 "classic" DVD sets of sci fi, etc are hard to beat...not usually Cannes award winners, but loads of fun and for a cheap price too.