The End of Covid and Return to Normal Life

Tools    

No idea what company my vaccine was but there were NO effects at all. No fever, no tiredness, no sore arm, nothing.

They probably gave me the vodka and toilet water jab that they set aside for the gaijin.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Does anyone feel safe going to a buffet restaurant?

We have friends in PA who want Hubby and I to meet them at a buffet restaurant some time next month after we're all fully vaccinated. Hubby and I haven't gone to a restaurant in over a year. We haven't even gotten take-out or fast food since before the March 2020 lockdown.

I'm not sure that I'd feel safe going to any restaurant yet, let alone one where people have to lean over the buffet and serve themselves. No matter how many rules the restaurant has about wearing masks and gloves, there are always people who think that the rules don't apply to them.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Both Moderna here, which I've heard (anecdotally) generally has the worst side effects.

My response was mild: felt crappy/fatigured/feverish late that night and most of the next day, but never awful. Arm sore but could still use it. Wife had basically no response at all.
Gotcha. Meant to reply yesterday but MoFo was down!

Anecdotally, the second dose brings stronger side effects, but even harsh side effects for two or three days are better than potential lung misfunction or even death.

My mom was vaccinated with Astra Zeneca and had absolutely zero side effects, so there's hope I won't have any either. I was vaccinated 3 hours ago and observed no side effects so far. Let's see how I fare tomorrow.

By the way, there's quite a group of Covid deniers here in Poland but it's hard to tell how populous. They're big on the Internet but I also know some people like this in real life, so they're by no means a small group. Basically, anti-vaxxers but most of them only anti-Covid-vaxxers. They're quite varied, too. Some of them simply downplay the threats associated with Coronavirus and say it's just like the flu while others are full-on conspiracy theorists believing Coronavirus is a hoax made by the government to control us etc. My favorite theory is the classic 'Bill Gates wants to chip us all' one. I'm pretty sure those people are pretty vocal in all countries, though.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

But it does feel like the tide has turned and it won't surprise me if things feel shockingly normal in just a month or two.
True for us in America, but I can’t feel optimistic when conditions are so appalling in so many other countries. India is a DISASTER. Brazil, Argentina, Pakistan, Bangladesh, et al.

All we need here is a few new dangerous variants to bring us all back to our senses.

Unregistered User
I rceeived my first jab 3 weeks or so ago. Was Astra jab, exact same time as my wife. Was fine for 8hours then woke up at midnight with uncontrollable shivers and shakes, sore head and was a struggle just walking. Lasted about 24 hours. My wife experienced absolutely zero symptoms!

True for us in America, but I can’t feel optimistic when conditions are so appalling in so many other countries. India is a DISASTER. Brazil, Argentina, Pakistan, Bangladesh, et al.

All we need here is a few new dangerous variants to bring us all back to our senses.
Here in Brazil our vaccination effort is ramping up. But it is true it will take longer for things to get back to normal here. So far, my parents and grandparents are all vaccinated but most younger people are not.

You live in America? I though you were British from the flag.

You live in America? I though you were British from the flag.
I am British. British people do live in America, you know.

I hope masks are made mandatory on public transport especially buses, always seems to be someone who doesn't cover their mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing, do us all a favour and block their mouth and nose for them.

Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee!

I hope masks are made mandatory on public transport especially buses, always seems to be someone who doesn't cover their mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing, do us all a favour and block their mouth and nose for them.

Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee!
Heck, yes.

At Sunday mass yesterday our priest said it was fine for anyone who wants to wear a mask to continue doing so. Seemed like everyone there wore a mask except the priest. Who has been wearing a mask for many months now. Confusing message.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Got my first vacc booked for Wednesday. Looking forward to receiving direct commands from Bill Gates.

Duplicate Account (locked)
I don't even get this concept of "normal", i honestly think that some of the changes this pandemic has brought to people are permanent. Whatever this does to "society" or "the system" is not something I can say with confidence. I don't blame anyone or one particular thing for all the ****ed up misery people are feeling and expressing at the moment, i just want to stop feeling so lonely and isolated.

I just want to stop feeling so lonely and isolated.
Go sign up for some volunteer work. At a hospital or a food pantry. Especially at a food pantry. The number has exploded since last year.

Volunteer work takes one’s mind off one’s own troubles. You get to see people worse off than yourself & you achieve a sense of accomplishment that you have done something positive & helped others.

It’s also a great way to make new friends with like-minded people.

Go sign up for some volunteer work. At a hospital or a food pantry. Especially at a food pantry. The number has exploded since last year.

Volunteer work takes one’s mind off one’s own troubles. You get to see people worse off than yourself & you achieve a sense of accomplishment that you have done something positive & helped others.

It’s also a great way to make new friends with like-minded people.
I believe this is the best advice. Doing for others is the best gift to oneself.

_____ is the most important thing in my life…

Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee!
I was thinking how it will be weird for hospitals/care centers to not require them. So easy to prevent transmission of multiple things. No politics, just healthcare. Just like all those surgeons.

The lady at the supermarket register told me this morning that she will continue to wear the mask as long as she works there even though she's fully vaccinated. Whatever people want to do I say, as long as it goes both ways.

Local Shell station has new signs saying masks are required. Even though the franchise owner told me this month that he’s not wearing a mask now. And today the cashier was maskless. So confusing. I wore mine.

Yeah, we're still wearing ours out and about. People don't know we're vaccinated and it's not a big inconvenience. I wear the lightest mask I have (as opposed to the N95, which is safer but a lot less comfortable, particularly with a beard). I'm seeing a handful of people not wearing them now, though.

I just read that 70% of the adults in my state (Pennsylvania) had at least one dose and almost 53% were fully vaccinated. Pretty wild to think, selection/location issues aside, that any random adult I see is more likely than not to be vaccinated.