Things that annoy you...

Tools    

Lazy filthy people
Wasn’t gonna do it, but picked up a whole load of crap yesterday from the pre-school. All junk food detritus of course.

There’s some little punk who leaves his tiny used condoms on the sidewalk too. Ewwww.

Very annoyed with YouTube right now, trying to watch a film trailer off the peccadillo pictures official page and I have to verify my age, which normally would be just signing in but now it's going further and asking for ID or credit card to verify age!!

I'm sorry but I'm not giving that sort of information just to watch videos on YouTube.

Really annoyed at this.

First time it's asked me, bugger off.

Yeah, had that the other day - a new policy for the UK, EU and, I think, Switzerland apparently. Likewise they can bugger off.

Sales Tax - can anyone explain it to me?

I understand Income Tax - you make money and part of the money you make goes to the government to provide you with protections, benefits, emergency services, etc.

But with sales tax, you're taxed not on your earnings or profits, but on your expenditures!

(It reminds me of eBay charging final value fees to sellers on shipping costs, which are not a profit - they're an expenditure the seller has to charge the buyer - it's not income for anyone except the post office or shipping company that is paid to ship items.)

And consider this - the money you're being taxed on as you spend it is someone else's income (usually a retailer or wholesaler) who is then going to have to pay income tax on the exact same money! So the money is taxed both ways: outgoing and incoming.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Sales Tax - can anyone explain it to me?

I understand Income Tax - you make money and part of the money you make goes to the government to provide you with protections, benefits, emergency services, etc.

But with sales tax, you're taxed not on your earnings or profits, but on your expenditures!

(It reminds me of eBay charging final value fees to sellers on shipping costs, which are not a profit - they're an expenditure the seller has to charge the buyer - it's not income for anyone except the post office or shipping company that is paid to ship items.)

And consider this - the money you're being taxed on as you spend it is someone else's income (usually a retailer or wholesaler) who is then going to have to pay income tax on the exact same money! So the money is taxed both ways: outgoing and incoming.

The reason that eBay started charging sellers tax on the shipping charge was because too many sellers started selling items for $0.99 with $20 (or more) shipping. Since the sellers were making their profit on the shipping charge, eBay had no choice but to start charging tax on the full amount including shipping.

Communicating with customers:

Me: "Hello Mr. So-and-so, You're a month past due."
Them: "Oh, totally forgot about that. Okay, I'll send it in today."

Text 30 minutes later:

Them: "BTW, I'm having some issues with (whatever)? When will you be out to do something about it?"
Me: "Not too soon. See that first text up there?"

Thank God we are done with winter. Today in Connecticut the weather - at last - is fantastic. 76 degrees F.

pre-school.

There’s some little punk who leaves his tiny used condoms on the sidewalk too.

Moderators that think they're right about everything just because they made up a rule system and are under the delusion that it can't be improved. What's worse is that they think they don't owe the userbase who made their website populated in the first base.

And yeah, they pissed me off so badly I'm willing to namedrop them: Sharifi, Diction and dt2 of Rateyourmusic. I even know their real names.

Legend in my own mind
When people say 'literally' when they mean 'figuratively'

Moderators that think they're right about everything just because they made up a rule system and are under the delusion that it can't be improved. What's worse is that they think they don't owe the userbase who made their website populated in the first base.
There’s an excellent website for cats. But the moderators are horrible & the owner is delusional. If anyone posted even a single photo the owner (who lives in Israel) would have a conniption fit. She constantly said that it’s illegal to post photos. I had to quit this website even though I loved the subject matter & got a ton of good advice there.

There’s an excellent website for cats. But the moderators are horrible & the owner is delusional. If anyone posted even a single photo the owner (who lives in Israel) would have a conniption fit. She constantly said that it’s illegal to post photos. I had to quit this website even though I loved the subject matter & got a ton of good advice there.

What was the site called?

People who pull down their face masks to talk to me.
There should be some kind of multiple rep button for things like this. If someone did this to me they'd soon know about it.

What's annoying me atm is that it's late spring and the weather outside seem to be under the impression it's late winter. Usually I don't care, if anything I'd prefer it, but it's been a long winter after a long 16 months. I'd like a little bit of sun. Doesn't even have to be hot, just bright with blue sky.

What's annoying me atm is that it's late spring and the weather outside seem to be under the impression it's late winter. Usually I don't care, if anything I'd prefer it, but it's been a long winter after a long 16 months. I'd like a little bit of sun. Doesn't even have to be hot, just bright with blue sky.
I feel you. The first half of this month in Connecticut was very chilly, but now it’s absolutely perfect. Doesn’t get much better than this.