2021 Film Challenge

Tools    

Quick question. Profile is finally being released this week at a local (ish) movie theatre. However, it was first presented back in 2018 at the Berlin Film Festival. It’s just now making its way to the states.
My question is, would it count toward 2021 films? I’m leaning towards no but I figured it wouldn’t hurt to ask.
For my own list, I'm disqualifying anything that was available pre-2021, no matter how limited. This has not made my life any easier, but I'm a rule-follower so I have only myself to blame. I'm skeptical that I'll be able to fill the "10 films from 2021" category as a result.

That said, is anyone going to research the release dates of your list and call you out on it? I'm not. (I promise.)

The trick is not minding
For my own list, I'm disqualifying anything that was available pre-2021, no matter how limited. This has not made my life any easier, but I'm a rule-follower so I have only myself to blame. I'm skeptical that I'll be able to fill the "10 films from 2021" category as a result.

That said, is anyone going to research the release dates of your list and call you out on it? I'm not. (I promise.)
Haha. True. I’m going to see it in an hour, and plan to not include it anyways. I am very sure I can find 20 films to watch from this year rather easily. Especially since I can now frequent the movie theater more often.

Hmmmm....I may take in a double bill of Profile and Wrath of Man tonight

Really?

There is so much stuff being released on streaming services. Here is what I watched for that category

Moxie
Map of Tiny Perfect Things
Sentinelle
Tina
Bliss
Kid90
Black Art: In the Absence of Light
Stallone: Frank, That Is
Yes Day
Blood Moon

Really?

There is so much stuff being released on streaming services.
Correct, but I think I mentioned before I'm not watching things specifically for this challenge. I'm just going about my usual business and trying to plug things in to whatever category they might fit in. (This approach actually appeals to the puzzle-solving part of my brain. Having completed the "10 foreign languages" category the other day, I've already re-shuffled some of those movies into other categories. So I'm back to needing 3 more foreign language films. Fun, right? Right??)

So if I get desperate in December I'll find some 2021s to watch. I just meant that it's not likely I'm going to encounter 10 of them in the course of my normal viewing habits. I'm fixing to do a deep dive into 1930s adventure serials, for heaven's sake.

Correct, but I think I mentioned before I'm not watching things specifically for this challenge. I'm just going about my usual business and trying to plug things in to whatever category they might fit in. (This approach actually appeals to the puzzle-solving part of my brain. Having completed the "10 foreign languages" category the other day, I've already re-shuffled some of those movies into other categories. So I'm back to needing 3 more foreign language films. Fun, right? Right??)

So if I get desperate in December I'll find some 2021s to watch. I just meant that it's not likely I'm going to encounter 10 of them in the course of my normal viewing habits. I'm fixing to do a deep dive into 1930s adventure serials, for heaven's sake.
Gotcha. I do think that there are several 2021 releases that are well worth checking out.

Woo! Done! And in plenty of time for someone to tell me I did one of the categories wrong.

DONE!  

Completed another round

E. It's a big world out there:
[Watch a film from the following regions]
1. North America - Blood & Donuts (1995), Canada
2. South America - Terrified (2017), Argentina
3. Europe - Waxworks (1924), Germany
4. Asia - Birdshot (2016), Philippines
5. Africa - My Octopus Teacher (2020), South Africa
6. Oceania - Relic (2020), Australia

Woo! Done! And in plenty of time for someone to tell me I did one of the categories wrong.

DONE!  
Very impressive, especially considering that you managed to write a review for just about all of them. Have you considered attempting to be the first person to complete the challenge twice in one year? (I'm assuming that's never been done, anyway) You're on pace to do it easily.

Very impressive, especially considering that you managed to write a review for just about all of them. Have you considered attempting to be the first person to complete the challenge twice in one year? (I'm assuming that's never been done, anyway) You're on pace to do it easily.
I did think about doing it again, maybe this time with a lot more focus on getting through more "classics" or stuff on Ebert's Great Movies list.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé

DONE!  
DAMN IMPRESSIVE!!
WAY TO GO!

Just gonna trigger a lady's OCD all casual like, huh?
Ha, sorry! But....since I've already ruined your day, I have a question about this one-

6. Criterion Collection - The Picture of Dorian Gray

Is this indeed part of the collection? I didn't think it was (or else I'd have bought the Blu Ray by now). Am I mistaken? I was hoping someone else would be the bad guy and point it out.
I hope we can still be friends.

Ha, sorry! But....since I've already ruined your day, I have a question about this one-

Is this indeed part of the collection? I didn't think it was (or else I'd have bought the Blu Ray by now). Am I mistaken? I was hoping someone else would be the bad guy and point it out.
This site needs a thumbs down button.

It might be a future release...

https://streamondemandathome.com/pic...d-vod-blu-ray/

You've only got seven months to watch a replacement! Get on it!

(who am I kidding? You're probably watching it as I type this)
I resent the implication that I am THAT predictable.
I am 30 minutes into Daytrippers.