Is the Dekalog series a TV miniseries or a movie series?

Tools    

Movie series. Just by an accident im from Poland ;p

What kind of accident?
Guessing the person means “coincidentally”.

I believe it's a film, they released a couple of chapters as standalone films that were longer.

I'm still having trouble grasping this. Explain it again, what's the "coincidence?" Is it a TV show or not?
The poster was saying he can answer your question since, coincidentally, he is Polish too. Sheesh, didn’t think this was so hard to understand.

Here’s the wiki link to Dekalog. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dekalog?wprov=sfti1

The poster was saying he can answer your question since, coincidentally, he is Polish too. Sheesh, didn’t think this was so hard to understand.

Here’s the wiki link to Dekalog. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dekalog?wprov=sfti1

"Sheesh" isn't needed. I thought he was talking about the show, so don't go into scold mode.

B: Don't you think I would've checked that already? Different sites said different things, so I came here to get a straight answer. And no offenseto anyone, but I'd prefer the reasoning behind the answer rather than just mentioning if one is Polish.

"Sheesh" isn't needed. I thought he was talking about the show, so don't go into scold mode.

B: Don't you think I would've checked that already? Different sites said different things, so I came here to get a straight answer. And no offenseto anyone, but I'd prefer the reasoning behind the answer rather than just mentioning if one is Polish.
Well, by saying that I am from Poland I wanted to imply the fact that I might know quite a lot about (probably) the most famous movie series in the history of polish cinematography, arguably more than the rest of users here.

The trick is not minding
To answer Keyser’s question, from what I have read, it was released at some festivals as one long movie. However, it’s run time concerned the producers and so was released as 10 one hour episodes in TV. It never had a proper US theatrical release. (Not until 2016 anyways).
I can’t recall if it did have a theatrical run in other countries, but I kind of doubt it.
Two of the episodes were later expanded into full length films.

To answer Keyser’s question, from what I have read, it was released at some festivals as one long movie. However, it’s run time concerned the producers and so was released as 10 one hour episodes in TV. It never had a proper US theatrical release. (Not until 2016 anyways).
I can’t recall if it did have a theatrical run in other countries, but I kind of doubt it.
Two of the episodes were later expanded into full length films.

So it's a movie that got turned into a tv show. Thanks.

Funniest thing I’ve read today.

Don't you think I would've checked that already? Different sites said different things, so I came here to get a straight answer. And no offenseto anyone, but I'd prefer the reasoning behind the answer rather than just mentioning if one is Polish.
Haven’t a clue what you checked. I was simply trying to help.

Well, by saying that I am from Poland I wanted to imply the fact that I might know quite a lot about (probably) the most famous movie series in the history of polish cinematography, arguably more than the rest of users here.
Exactly.