Synchronic

→ in
Tools    

I keep seeing ads for this now and then, and it's almost drawn me in. Most reviews seem to fit your description though.

Hmmm, I've really liked B&Ms previous stuff. They really work hard and must have to stick to a small budget. But I've been put off by almost every review of this I've seen so far.

Welcome to the human race...
Not the worst idea for a movie and it has some okay execution in parts, but for the most part I just thought it was a dud (then again, I didn't care much for Spring and The Endless in the first place).

Yeah, it's worth your time, especially if you liked their previous films. It's a little less interesting, but it's still a lot more thoughtful and understated than a lot of the one-note disposable sci-fi we're seeing cranked out (and I say that as someone who actually kinda likes that stuff, at least compared to your average person). Also, Anthony Mackie's just great in pretty much everything. He adds a popcorn bucket all by himself.

FWIW it's not actually a "Netflix film," either. It's on Netflix but they didn't finance it or anything, I don't think.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
I'm kinda randomly associating things here, but hear read me out. On the coat tails of Yoda's recent stream-a-thon thing, I'd pay money to an agreed upon charity of choice to watch/read Iro and Yoda in a no-holds-barred debate on the merits of three preselected movies voted on by the MOFO community. I imagine it streaming live from some online MMO environment or lobby that is completely unrelated to movies. One, so that both debaters can choose any random (and I do mean random, that's a total prerequisite!) 3-dimensional avatar (think Fornite silliness, which would just be AWESOME considering the seriousness of the debate); and two, so that normal gamers would have no clue wtf is going on and would constantly interrupt the streaming chat. For a runner-up level win, perhaps it might bring a few people over to the forums as a weird advertisement gimmick.

Think of it as the normal MOFO movie podcast, but on steroids. And maybe LSD, depending on the lobby venue.

I'm just thinking typing out loud here, but there would be rules of course, as any proper debate should have, and there would be a scheduled date and marketing! I'm not sure how that would work, but why not?

Yeah. I'd definitely put some money up for that for donation, logistics, whatever.

========================================

@Yoda
@Iroquois

The Gauntlet has been THROWN, gentlemen!! Who among you has the sand?

(Apologies for threadjacking the topic. I swear I thought this was the Starship Troopers thread! Not that that would excuse it.)

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

Duplicate Account (locked)
I'm kinda randomly associating things here, but hear read me out. On the coat tails of Yoda's recent stream-a-thon thing, I'd pay money to an agreed upon charity of choice to watch/read Iro and Yoda in a no-holds-barred debate on the merits of three preselected movies voted on by the MOFO community. I imagine it streaming live from some online MMO environment or lobby that is completely unrelated to movies. One, so that both debaters can choose any random (and I do mean random, that's a total prerequisite!) 3-dimensional avatar (think Fornite silliness, which would just be AWESOME considering the seriousness of the debate); and two, so that normal gamers would have no clue wtf is going on and would constantly interrupt the streaming chat. For a runner-up level win, perhaps it might bring a few people over to the forums as a weird advertisement gimmick.

Think of it as the normal MOFO movie podcast, but on steroids. And maybe LSD, depending on the lobby venue.

I'm just thinking typing out loud here, but there would be rules of course, as any proper debate should have, and there would be a scheduled date and marketing! I'm not sure how that would work, but why not?

Yeah. I'd definitely put some money up for that for donation, logistics, whatever.

@Yoda
@Iroquois

The Gauntlet has been THROWN, gentlemen!! Who among you has the sand?

(Apologies for threadjacking the topic. I swear I thought this was the Starship Troopers thread! Not that that would excuse it.)

Lol, you TERRORIST! Think of all the children who would have been either validated or bored by my mediocre movie review. If ya wanna hijack something, it should be a plane!