What's your favourite 'simple' movie?

Tools    

I watched Flashdance recently and was struck at how wonderfully simple a story it was, perfect for switch-off-the-brain escapism.

Anyone able to suggest any other good movies that just tell a nice story and make no demands on the viewers alertness or dare I say intelligence.

How I learned to stop Worrying and love the bomb

Sorry, couldn't resist.

A lot of John Carpenter's movies, particularly Assault on Precinct 13 and Halloween, fit this description.

Does Little Miss Sunshine count? I know it deals with some serious subjects but i can watch it and its a easy fun and nice looking movie with a nice overall goal.

If im turning off my brain i usually go for goofy/feel good comedies from the 80s 90s.

Anything by this man:

Imagine an eye unruled by man-made laws of perspective, an eye unprejudiced by compositional logic, an eye which does not respond to the name of everything but which must know each object encountered in life through an adventure of perception. How many colors are there in a field of grass to the crawling baby unaware of 'Green'?

-Stan Brakhage

The Apostle.

Plenty happens in it, but the plot summary isn't exactly a grabber. It genuinely might be Robert Duvall's greatest performance, though, and there's something transfixing about the whole thing. It's one of the films that reminds me to just go ahead and watch things that don't grab me with their premise or trailer alone.

A system of cells interlinked
Brooklyn

Predator is my top choice.

Is it that simple? Predator has a hard genre-shift aking to From Dusk Till Dawn. We start off in an action movie and transition into a sort of slasher-horror movie.

Is it that simple? Predator has a hard genre-shift aking to From Dusk Till Dawn. We start off in an action movie and transition into a sort of slasher-horror movie.
I just read the topic as "films you can enjoy without having to think about or ponder over complex thematic aspects". Of course, this isn't to say that Predator doesn't have any themes, but I prefer to just watch it as a super fun action/sci-fi/horror hybrid as I have the most fun with it when I just do that. As far as simple or comfort food films go, I generally go to this one plus some of Carpenter's films like Halloween or They Live, although he was already mentioned upthread.