Car-related Movies

Tools    

I have a crush on car-related movies. Any like-minded people?
The best known one is Fast Five that I think most of you have watched it.
When Paul William Walker shows up with mitsubishi mirage, OMG soooo cool!! Paul William Walker IV was born in Glendale, California. He grew up together with his brothers, Caleb and Cody, and sisters, Ashlie and Amie. Their parents, Paul William Walker III, a sewer contractor, and Cheryl (Crabtree) Walker, a model, separated around September 2004. His grandfather, William Walker, was a Pearl Harbor survivor and a Navy

...middleweight boxing champion, while his maternal grandfather commanded a tank battalion in Italy under General Patton during World War II. Paul grew up active in sports like soccer and surfing. He had English and German ancestry.

One of my favourite car movies:

Grand Prix
Gone in 60 Seconds (1974)
Kustom Kar Kommandos
Christine
The Car

I recently watched Fireball 500, which features lots of vintage racing footage if that's your thing, and the titular car is a George Barris creation. Lots of fun, if you're willing to accept that Fabian is a Southern moonshiner.

I have a crush on car-related movies. Any like-minded people?
The best known one is Fast Five that I think most of you have watched it.
When Paul William Walker shows up with mitsubishi mirage, OMG soooo cool!! Paul William Walker IV was born in Glendale, California. He grew up together with his brothers, Caleb and Cody, and sisters, Ashlie and Amie. Their parents, Paul William Walker III, a sewer contractor, and Cheryl (Crabtree) Walker, a model, separated around September 2004. His grandfather, William Walker, was a Pearl Harbor survivor and a Navy
Far and away my favourite kind of movie. I must confess if a movie is car-related and mildly decent I’ll consider it a masterpiece. Check out my reviews of all the F&F Movies.

I’ve been watching several car-related movies during the lockdown and am planning an extensive post about the genre.

Grand Prix
Gone in 60 Seconds (1974)
Kustom Kar Kommandos
Christine
The Car
Sometimes I feel like Grand Prix might be the greatest movie ever made.

There's too many to list, however, I suspect that when we finally transition to self-driving cars or autonomous drones such films will fade into the shadows.

Or, perhaps, car flicks will become a sort of neo-Western featuring the 20th century United States rather than the 19th century. That time in history when anyone could hop in a car and drive as far and long as they wanted to without anyone knowing or without other intelligence in control of the journey. Just you and the road and whatever companions tagdged along. Perhaps we'll have wideshots, not of small men on horses against the overwhelming horizon, but rather the lone driver in a car traveling... ...anywhere s/he damn well pleases. The romance and danger of the open road.