Rodent Is Back

Tools    

Hey guys... I'm back.

With recent stuff going on in my life... plus other stuff... I felt burned out.

I needed some alone time, spent time offline, away from movies, away from the regular stuff.
But... I wanted to say thanks for all the support I've gotten from various MoFos while I've been away... and coming online to see I've got messages from people, and reps for my last load of posts too.

Thank you all ... and here's hoping to another X amount of years annoying everyone with my solid gold posts and wit

TR

You mean me? Kei's cousin?
'sup? Damn good to have ya back. It's been a while.

About 6-8 weeks I think
Some MoFos vanish for a year at a time

I just needed a break.
Plus with the death of my bird, I realised I couldn't allow myself to become depressed so I distracted myself with other things from the norm.

We love you The Rodent
Something about including "The" here cracks me up. Reminds me of that thing about U2's The Edge, where someone asked, since he insists on being called that, if they say things in his house like "Will you pass me The Salt, The Edge?"

Something about including "The" here cracks me up. Reminds me of that thing about U2's The Edge, where someone asked, since he insists on being called that, if they say things in his house like "Will you pass me The Salt, The Edge?"
Weirdly... I have a friend who is a regional manager at a shoe store...

I went in for some new trainers... and he gave me a discount.

I asked if that was ok to do so... and he said "Sure man... you're The Doug."

Well, Rodent was back...

I lost my Dad last week. Funeral is next week.
I've been all over the place for while so not really been checking in.

I saw my dad 3 weeks ago, 2 weeks before he died, and there was nothing left of him.
He told me not to visit him again because he didn't want anyone to see him the way he was.
I gave him a kiss, and told him I loved him, and that was the last thing I said to him.

When the news came in he'd died, I went there immediately and did the most painful thing I've ever had to do in my entire life.
I laid my hand on him, and said thank you, and goodbye.

Hoping to be back to maybe some kind of normal at some point, just checking in with my MoFos to let you know why I've been away again for such a long time.

TR

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
I'm sorry to read that, Rodent, but I'm glad you were able to visit your dad and say what you did when you did. Welcome back for the moment, but do what you need. Pop in for a vent! Somebody will be here to read along if you need a chatty distraction, and/or annoy you with the sweetest obnoxious intentions

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

Sorry for your loss Rodent. That's rough. Stay strong my friend.