Make your confession to your fellow MoFos

Tools    

I confess to being middling on Citizen Kane. I don't hate it but didn't feel like it reconfigured my idea of good movies.

I confess to thinking that Orson Welles was overblown. If you ever see him in The Stranger, you will realize that.

I also confess that I like TV cop series, 2 per week, 10 PM slot, as long as they don't have one of those episodes where they dive into a character's personal life and I couldn't care less if the cop goes home to an empty apartment. I just want cops and robbers. Period.

I confess to sorta liking bombastic biblical epics of the sort no longer made, although I don't know if I could spend enough time to watch Ben Hur again.

I confess to liking Noir movies and admit that I think Blade Runner is the best of them.

This one is very bad, my darkest secret.

I confess to reading the whole ‘Wikipedia’ plot section very often before I watch something. Not when it’s something I expect to be great, but mediocre films, sure. And then I have the impudence to judge plot!

I've been posting a combined 20+ years at several movie related forums including RT/GD/OT, Kateland, Corrierino and now here at MovieForums.

I haven't see a single 2021 Oscar nominated movie or performance. I didn't go out of my way to avoid them. It's just that I didn't go out of my way to catch them either.

This one is very bad, my darkest secret.

I confess to reading the whole ‘Wikipedia’ plot section very often before I watch something. Not when it’s something I expect to be great, but mediocre films, sure. And then I have the impudence to judge plot!
LOL, had to read the Wiki page for 21 Grams before viewing it yesterday since I knew the movie is non-linear. Made such a difference in my comprehension since I’m not a fan of multiple non-linear plot lines.

Oh and I actually liked Star Trek Into Darkness. And Signs

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
I posted "Defund the Oscars" on the live Oscars chat board here last night!

I was glad to hear it was a joke.. Maybe people will revert to older movies, especially with all the theaters down, which might be another blessing in disguise.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
I got only a few minutes into Taxi Driver before stopping it due to the score. I do not expect to ever revisit it.

I've never enjoyed Harvey Keitel in any role I've seen him in.

I dislike (most) westerns and refuse to watch John Wayne just on principle.

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

While I am fascinated enough in the myth of the man to return to his work semi-regularly, I don't think I actually really like Sam Peckinpah's movies that much.
Have you at least seen Alfredo Garcia, though? It's a bit of a "deep cut" from him, but I do think it's the best thing I've seen from him, IMO.

Have you at least seen Alfredo Garcia, though? It's a bit of a "deep cut" from him, but I do think it's the best thing I've seen from him, IMO.

Ahhhhh, yes, that's the one I knew I liked, but couldn't recall. I knew there was one that got to me in the way I like movies to get to me.

FTR, it's not that I think he's bad, only that I always feel slightly underwhelmed by a filmmaker who, considering all his monumental character flaws, should be right up my alley.

My Darth Star is in for a service
I am not a fan of 2001: A Space Odyssey

Humphrey Bogart was overrated.

I've never watched Raging Bull, Taxi Driver or any of the Godfather trilogy.

I own Battlefield Earth on DVD.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
I'm not really as kinky as I've pretended to be.

I'm much kinkier!!!!
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

LOL, had to read the Wiki page for 21 Grams before viewing it yesterday since I knew the movie is non-linear. Made such a difference in my comprehension since I’m not a fan of multiple non-linear plot lines.
Makes perfect sense to me! I’m not a huge fan either, I did love Memento and seemed fine with the plot from just watching, but things like Predestination and especially Mr Nobody positively call for it.

Oh and I actually liked Star Trek Into Darkness. And Signs
I haven't seen Star Trek Into Darkness, but I like Signs as well. In my opinion, the backlash over the water reveal is really overblown. While I agree that Shyamalan eventually started making bad movies in his career, my dropoff point in his filmography is a couple films later than it is for most other people.

I didn't hate The Happening.
I think I'm extra forgiving when it comes to Shyamalan movies. Haven't seen The Last Airbender but then I never watched the series either. Didn't like After Earth though. And Lady in the Water was next to impossible to like. But everything else was good to passable.