Movies you couldn't even finish.

Tools    

I remember stopping on Night of the Iguana (while flipping around) - I watched for maybe 10 or 15 minutes then moved on - it doesn't count as not finishing for me as I didn't set out to watch it, nor did I see it from the beginning - but from what I DID see, I'm thinking I can relate to you on that one.

I remember stopping on Night of the Iguana (while flipping around) - I watched for maybe 10 or 15 minutes then moved on - it doesn't count as not finishing for me as I didn't set out to watch it, nor did I see it from the beginning - but from what I DID see, I'm thinking I can relate to you on that one.
People love this movie & consider it a classic. One hour in & I’m like when is this bloody thing gonna start moving along here? I simply couldn’t bear another hour. Life is too short.

Neeson has made some terrible movies. I do question his taste levels.
This movie was a torture. Made it through the first hour & bailed out.
I still like him though He still has good movies too. You cannot say the same about Nick Cage who is making tons of questionable movies lately. I believe all great actors have bad movies too....
The War with Grandpa(2020) was one like that which wasn't the same as The Deer Hunter or Cape Fear
De Niro either played in that just out of relaxation or he didn't had anything better to do, because I don't believe he has financial problems to accept this kind of roles

I still like him though He still has good movies too. You cannot say the same about Nick Cage who is making tons of questionable movies lately.
I avoid all Nick Cage movies.

As you say, DeNiro has made some terrible movies. Ouf.

Neeson, of course, was brilliant in Schindler’s List. Surely the most meaningful rôle he has had.

This movie from 2019 is absolutely delightful. Makes you wonder why he so often chooses dreck.

I avoid all Nick Cage movies.

As you say, DeNiro has made some terrible movies. Ouf.

Neeson, of course, was brilliant in Schindler’s List. Surely the most meaningful rôle he has had.

This movie from 2019 is absolutely delightful. Makes you wonder why he so often chooses dreck.

That makes Neeson kind of a one shot wonder (as nothing he's done has ever come close to Schindler's List.)

I like the fact that Neeson and Daniel Day Lewis were both in The Bounty (1984) before either of them were well known!

Hubie Halloween (2020)
This was .... I really don't know how to call it.... but I resisted like 20 minutes.
There were a lot of great actors on this movie's payroll, but the film was so stupid - I had to take some headache pills and some other strong stuff to forget it
Adam Sandler had a decent movie with : Uncut Gems in 2019, but Hubie Halloween was a very dumb movie ...

Hubie Halloween (2020)
This was .... I really don't know how to call it.... but I resisted like 20 minutes.
There were a lot of great actors on this movie's payroll, but the film was so stupid - I had to take some headache pills and some other strong stuff to forget it
Adam Sandler had a decent movie with : Uncut Gems in 2019, but Hubie Halloween was a very dumb movie ...
that movie was so horrible

If the Coen Brothers were Romanian...
LOL,

If Stanley Kubrick were a philatelist, he might have made Book of Stamps.

LOL,

If Stanley Kubrick were a philatelist, he might have made Book of Stamps.
Absolutely ludicrous that they dared to mention the Coen Brothers.

Absolutely ludicrous that they dared to mention the Coen Brothers.
It's not that they mentioned them, but how they mentioned them. This is a kind of "if my grandmother had wheels, she'd be a wagon" level stretch and it's quite amusing.

Movie 43 - To this day i can't understand how they force so many great actors to participate in making of that garbage movie.

Movie 43 - To this day i can't understand how they force so many great actors to participate in making of that garbage movie.
It was either the most tragic instance of bandwagon thinking in cinema history, or the culmination of the greatest blackmail plot in cinema history.

50 first dates
Transylvania 6-5000 (or whatever)
All's Faire in love
I have a friend I work with who is batting 1000 on recommending films I can't finish. I imagine it goes both ways.

Transylvania 9 600 (or whatever)
Maybe do you think about Transylvania 6-5000 (1985)? I watched it twice in my life, but it is quite good comedy movie with Jeff Goldblum and Jeffrey Jones

However, Jeffrey Jones was better in the other movies, eg.
Stay Tuned (1992) - he is a devil
Mom and Dad Save the World (1992) - gallant dad
Flypaper (1999) - he played probably only short moment

Appalling hot mess. Even a stellar cast like this could not save this movie. Apparently, it originally was 8 hours long (no script) & took forever to edit it down by 3/4ths.

Probably one of the worst movies ever made. couldn't stand the first 15min of it